• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Have You Ever Had a Panic Attack?

In the year 2000 I had a panic attack. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and it felt like I was having a heart attack. It's the only time I have had one.

Depression and stress can lead to anxiety so we have to make sure to trick our minds in to believing we are happy to make them go away. A good friend can talk you down too. 😊

I used to years ago. They were quite debilitating. I practiced self care & taking that literal step back & thinking thru things logically, realistically helped me overcome a lot. Right now I just have social anxiety. But I'm also an introvert so I don't like social situations anyways.

I've only had a couple panic attacks in my life and they had to do with an accident I had. I had ridden my bicycle 20 miles and was tired and crossed a major road a block up from my house. I had thin tires on my bike and rocks can cause problems, so when I saw one in the road, I swerved to not hit it with the tire and didn't see that in the front of a parked truck was a parked car. I hit it and caused $3,500 worth of damage!

I also broke my tooth, had to get stitches on my face and bruises all over. For a couple nights after I had panic attacks from that accident.

I once had a panic attack but it was very brief. I was in the exam hall and everything blacked out, I could not see anything, I felt like my heart and lungs stopped. The experience was very brief, and in a few seconds I became normal.

I have had many panic attacks in the past and they are never nice to deal with. I had one that I didn't realize was a panic attack until I opted to get medical help and was told that it was my anxiety causing a panic attack. I am pleased to say that I don't suffer as much as I used to but I do from time to time still get them when things get a little too much.