• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Music, TV and Cinema

Hi all!

This guide will show you how to use the new Music Database add-on to post albums so that we can all chat about them! It's an exciting new tool and can help us learn about the latest album releases that not everyone may know about, or reminisce about a classic we all enjoy :)...
PGen98 Hi all! This guide will show you how to use the new Music Database add-on to post albums so...
Hi all!

This guide will show you how to use the new Movies Database add-on to post Television series so that we can all chat about them! It's an exciting new tool and can help us learn about the latest Television series that not everyone may know about, or reminisce about a classic we all...
PGen98 Hi all! This guide will show you how to use the new Movies Database add-on to post Television...
Hi all!

This guide will show you how to use the new Movies Database add-on to post movies so we can all chat about them! It's an exciting new tool and can help us learn about movies that not everyone may know about, or reminisce about a classic we all enjoy :). Fortunately, it's very easy to...
PGen98 Hi all! This guide will show you how to use the new Movies Database add-on to post movies so we...
I know some people do. I had a friend in school who couldn’t sleep without the radio on. To me, I need white noise. Listening to music tends to distract me especially if it’s a good song. You just want to sing along to it lol If you do fall asleep to music, what do you like to listen to? How...
Dave I often "drop off" when watching TV - I start watching a program, close my eyes for what seems...
This has got to be the most annoying song ever.
Shortie I have two songs that I find annoying. The first one is the Hamster Dance and the second one is...
There are so many music streaming applications that have thousands of songs and Playlist that's always updated once there's a new song released. Spotify, Audio mack, and Boom player are the commonly used ones here.
Shortie I have used Amazon Music, YouTube Music, and also Spotify with their premium service and I have...
When is the last time you paid for music?

It's been a few years for me and I had an iTunes Gift Card. I picked out some songs to go on my iPod so I could listen to good music at work. I wasn't allowed to use the company wifi so I needed music actually loaded onto my device.
Shortie The last time I paid for music was in December when I bought a single that was out for charity...
Nigeria is know very well for its popularity in the music industry with so many of artists going international tours and making their game famous all over the world. Artists like Davido, Burna Boy and WizKid are prominent in the world now.
This particular song my Adekunle Gold titled High is...
Shortie I could be wrong but it does seem very popular at the moment. The best-selling song at the...
7019-7TCwgX7oQKxcWYEhSPRmaHe6ULN.jpg

Title: Criminal Minds

Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery

Creator: Jeff Davis

Cast: A.J. Cook, Joe Mantegna, Adam Rodríguez, Aisha Tyler, Kirsten Vangsness, Paget Brewster

First...
stluee I like CM Evolution. Hard to get use to some mild swearing.
These days people are finding it hard to justify the netflix subscription. As most of the shows are trash and literally have content that you can't relate or like there. I have found out that the subscription is not worth much anymore. In that case in near future I may not subscribe.

Are you...
Shortie I used to have a Netflix subscription but I ended up having to stop the subscription due to the...
Have you ever been on TV?

I was almost on tv when I was about 3 years old. It was a show called Romper Room and my grandma took me and my sister to the studio because they were looking for kids to be on the show. I was going to do it but then my sister clung to our mom and I always copied what...
Shortie I was once on TV when I did a concert and I was in the choir at the local Auditorium near me. It...
If so, who do you watch & prefer? I rarely watched it. Only when a favorite actor or singer was on. However, I did like the older ones with David Letterman. Times were simpler back then.
Shortie I used to watch a lot of late-night TV years ago. A lot of the shows I would watch late at night...
Feel-good movies are the movies that make you feel good while watching them or make you feel good after watching them. These movies do not have complicated characters or complicated plots. The story is simple, the characters are simple, and it gives a sweet taste. Have you tried watching...
Shortie Whenever I am feeling down or not myself, I will always turn to a movie and it is usually a...
There has been a lot of research that has established that gaming can help you combat stress, anxiety, and depression. While spending 12 hours gaming is not considered good, playing games once in a while for a moderate time can really help you to relax. I play games whenever I feel sad...
Shortie Over the years I have been gaming from a young age, playing video games has been one of the ways...
7028-iJsueZM8TqQzeB55tol4mnyQzb9.jpg

Title: The A-Team

Genre: Action & Adventure

Creator: Stephen J. Cannell, Frank Lupo

Cast: George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, Mr. T, Dwight Schultz, Eddie Velez, Robert Vaughn...
internetking [img]https://talkmh.com/data/tv/LargePosters/7028-iJsueZM8TqQzeB55tol4mnyQzb9.jpg[/img]...
7027-ujIGP3e3V6kDQHRhjNYtUE3fHJi.jpg

Title: Quantum Leap

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure, Drama

Creator: Donald P. Bellisario

Cast: Scott Bakula, Dean Stockwell, Deborah Pratt

First aired:...
internetking [img]https://talkmh.com/data/tv/LargePosters/7027-ujIGP3e3V6kDQHRhjNYtUE3fHJi.jpg[/img]...
7026-rWKnjdHixKig7PHxpt524DMUTQl.jpg

Title: Quantum Leap

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Mystery

Creator: Donald P. Bellisario

Cast: Raymond Lee, Caitlin Bassett, Mason Alexander Park, Nanrisa Lee, Ernie Hudson...
internetking My favorite show on Peacock. I watch it every week on tuesdays. I love it.
Does Horror movies affect your mental health? I know some that get affected by it and some that don't. Personally they make me feel better...
Maul Does Horror movies affect your mental health? I know some that get affected by it and some that...
7020-AqhPucVAvnocglq5WYXbh6t9wuE.jpg

Title: Get Smart

Genre: Comedy

Creator: Buck Henry, Mel Brooks

Cast: Don Adams, Barbara Feldon, Edward Platt, Robert Karvelas

First aired: 1965-09-18...
Maul [img]https://talkmh.com/data/tv/LargePosters/7020-AqhPucVAvnocglq5WYXbh6t9wuE.jpg[/img]...
7018-tiuzjuzalHj377XER1sfq7XQEIT.jpg

Title: American Horror Story

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Creator: Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk

Cast: Russell Tovey, Joe Mantello, Billie Lourd, Denis O'Hare, Charlie...
Maul One of my favorite TV series. Every season is really unique!
gMtjxIkEi0hnTV5lPHbgeZ4ZpUZ.jpg

Title: The Human Centipede (First Sequence)

Tagline: Their flesh is his fantasy

Genre: Horror

Director: Tom Six

Cast: Dieter Laser, Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie...
Maul This is one heck of a messed up sick movie... probably why I like the movie as I love weird as...
Heatman This is a new song that I'm listening to now. [MEDIA=youtube]TY6VbbgAGTU[/MEDIA]
Do you watch Game Shows?

They used to be really popular when I was growing up and we watched them all the time. I loved so many of them it's hard to think of all the names.

Family Feud, the Price is Right, Match Game and Hollywood Squares were some of the ones that quickly come to mind. I...
JustAnotherSapphic Yes, I do. The Price is Right and Weakest Link are my favorites, but I also like Jeopardy and...
Naiwen [MEDIA=youtube]lh4JdZTJe7k[/MEDIA]
Ever since I started making use of Netflix, I have been so addicted to streaming all my movies on the application. I can't remember the last time I allowed my subscription to expired before having it renewed. It's the best way to watch movies for me now.
Butterfly88 Yep! I usually watch them through AMCPlus.
I'm always of the habit of going to the cinema at least 4 times in a month to watch my favorite movies. If it's possible to always watch at the cinema, I would always be open to doing that.
Butterfly88 I only watch movies at home. I’m autistic and because of my sensory issues from that I find...
I'm a very big fan of movies and TV shows. It's going to be very difficult for me not to watch at least one movie or an episode in a TV show in a day.
Currently, I'm watching Moon Knight and Spiderman No Way Home.
Butterfly88 Growing Up Smith
How many hours a day do you watch tv?

I find that in the winter I watch more tv because I'm usually doing more crafting and less outdoor activities. In the summer I like to hiking for hours and when I get home I have to get my household chores done so TV is last on my mind.
Butterfly88 I don‘t watch tv channels but I stream about 1 1/2 hours a day on average.
Between TV shows and movies, which one makes more sense to you? Personally, I'm more of a TV show guy than movies. I hate it when whatever I watch which is really interesting ends too quickly.
Butterfly88 I prefer tv shows. Often I find it hard to sit through a movie in one sitting so tv shows make...
Naiwen [MEDIA=youtube]LrwMawlhAuw[/MEDIA]
Nature walk means walking in the wood, in the forest, or in national parks. Nature walks can help you in multiple ways, one, your body will be fit when you go for a nature walk regularly, two, the nature walk will boost your mental health, and three, your emotional health will improve. Have you...
Butterfly88 Nature walks are great! Yes, I have been on nature walks before.
If you are sad and lonely, you can start watching movies. When you watch movies you can not only easily pass your time in a good way, which otherwise would have been spent lamenting, but also have fun. Here are a few movies that you can watch when you are sad and dejected.
Amelie (French, 2001)...
Nomad If you are sad and lonely, you can start watching movies. When you watch movies you can not only...
Music is very therapeutic. When you are stressed out or are suffering from serious mental disorders, you can either play a musical instrument or start singing. Even if you do not know how to sing or play an instrument, you can try attending classes to learn to sing and play instruments. Music...
Nomad Music is very therapeutic. When you are stressed out or are suffering from serious mental...
When I am stressed out, I listen to rock music. Grooving in rock music works as a stress buster. I am saying this from my own experience. If you listen to rock music, you might have perhaps experienced it yourself. If you have never listened to rock music try listening to rock music and...
Nomad When I am stressed out, I listen to rock music. Grooving in rock music works as a stress buster...
Have you tried listening to meditation music when you are experiencing stress, depression, and anxiety? Well, I have tried and I have found that meditation music can really help you to relax. Meditation music is of two type, one is guided meditation music, and another is just instrumental music.
Nomad Have you tried listening to meditation music when you are experiencing stress, depression, and...
I had been thinking of the movie I like, The Fifth Element, & how the character Leeloo spoke The Divine Language. There are people who have learned Klingon from Star Trek. So, I’m curious if any of you learned or even just dabbled in learning a fictional language. When we watch Stargate SG-1 as...
Foxy Occasionally my boyfriend or I will slip in a word or two of Unas or Klingon into the...
If you do read it, have you found that it portrays an accurate picture of what the show is about? More times than not, I have found it does. That is also why I don’t like to read it too often. It tends to give away key points. So, I try not to if it’s for a TV series. However, for a movie...
ZandraJoi If you do read it, have you found that it portrays an accurate picture of what the show is...
Most of the Soul's video games that I have played all copy the same thing when it comes to being bleak and FromSoftware Inc the company behind the making of Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Elden Ring always like making games that are punishing and unforgiven.
Heatman Most of the Soul's video games that I have played all copy the same thing when it comes to being...
Back