Techniques you used to Help You Survive A Panic Attack

Jay

Kind Member
Reaction score
Suffering panic attacks can be a frightening and often debilitating experience. They can come on regularly when triggered by something in particular, or out of the blue. The common disorder affects about six million Americans annually. Symptoms vary but can include a racing heartbeat, dizziness, nervousness, shortness of breath, sweating, and a feeling of being out of control. I know I have had many of them in the past if I had to get involved in a big and not-so-good meeting with a client, my easy way to calm down was to hit a washroom and drink water and breath slowly minutes before stepping into the board room.

What were your solutions?

Shole

Motivated Member
Reaction score
For me it was very frightening, but I learned that cold helps me. I had a few since I was 24 since my brother died at that point of my life. And I do have some when I am not sleeping well or too stressed out. Drinking water, cold and fresh air always helped me.

Reactions: Jay

Jay

Kind Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss @Shole , glad you figured out a way to cope with this.
It doesn't happen to me often but I will give going outside for a few minutes a try as well as the water.:thumb

Shole

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss @Shole , glad you figured out a way to cope with this.
It doesn't happen to me often but I will give going outside for a few minutes a try as well as the water.:thumb
Now this is the important part, cold, so if it's sommer it might not work. Yeah I am trying to but it ain't that easy, even if it's like the 5th year, you just can't get used to it.

Reactions: Jay

Nova

Motivated Member
Reaction score
These days chanting the gods name is one of the things I do to keep myself away from the anxiety. I think thinking more positively and focusing more on the way life goes on helps a lot. A lot of time I suppose the panic attack happens when you end up in more of expectations and minds habit of scenario calculating. That habit needs to be reduced as well.

Nomad

Kind Member
Reaction score
Things like taking a long breath, closing your eyes, and trying to focus on good things, practicing meditation especially mindful meditation can help. But sadly, when you are under attack you will be focused more on your pain than doing meditation or breathing exercises.

Top Bottom