• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Do you fall asleep to music?

I know some people do. I had a friend in school who couldn’t sleep without the radio on. To me, I need white noise. Listening to music tends to distract me especially if it’s a good song. You just want to sing along to it lol If you do fall asleep to music, what do you like to listen to? How does it help you sleep?

I escaped tv in bedroom, my generation didn't really have this, we were happy when we got our first black and white tv...yes I'm much older gal here.

Excellent question! I find it extremely difficult to fall asleep listening to music. For some reason, music normally makes me energized and gets me thinking about things. When I am trying to sleep, music is one thing I cannot listen to. I can listen to the rain, the sound of a running fan, and other things, however music isn't one of them.

My daughter in the past has fallen asleep listening to music and she said she found it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep when music playing. I have yet to try it myself so I don't know how it will help me if at all.

I would think that something soothing and relaxing would help me sleep.

I forgot that I used to listen to music to fall asleep when I was younger. I can't believe I forgot and now I need complete quiet.

I often "drop off" when watching TV - I start watching a program, close my eyes for what seems like a moment, and when I open them, I'm watching something completely different. It's a good job that most of my viewing is streamed so I can go back and pick up where I left off, but it's more often a real pain lol.

I used to sleep with the TV on. But when I got married it was keeping my wife up at night. So I quit watching TV while I slept.