• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Taking sleeping Pills!

I've scheduled an appointment by phone with my GP today to have some sleeping pills prescribed to me. It's been 6 months since I've been sleeping badly currently in life having dissociation and stress and anxiety attacks at night. I hope with them, I can sleep well at last.

I've taken sleeping pills quite recently. They helped a lot to get me back into a better sleeping pattern. My sleep still isn't perfect, but its much better than it was and I'm not taking the sleeping pills anymore, but I know I have them if I need them. Hope they work for you too!

I've never liked sleeping pills of any type. I really just dislike having to take something to knock me out. Most of the stuff I had used previously to help fall asleep for various reasons (usual reason is taking it, in addition to taking pain meds), had addiction warnings that sure did scare me from wanting to use them consistently. I hope you are being careful with taking them Naiwen!

When I was in my early twenties, I had trouble sleeping. I was awake for the entire night and slept just 2 hours in the morning. I talked to my cousin who was in the medical profession and he gave me sleeping pills. I took the pills for 15 days and I slept well. However, once I stopped the pills, I had the same problem.

I've always avoided sleeping pills, I simply don't want to be controlled by a chemical substance like the pills. I simply want to fall asleep when my nature permits me and not me dragging myself through sleeping pills.