• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

New med

I've been started on a new med for my anxiety.
It's called promethazine and it's meant to help me to sleep better but since starting it, I've gone from sleeping 7 hours per night to only getting 4 hours of very disturbed sleep each night.
I'm getting more and more tired but I just can't sleep properly ?
I've never had a good outcome from taking meds that are used to help you sleep. They don't seem to work on me.
I will keep taking the tablets because I was told that they can take up to 6 weeks to start working properly, but I don't hold out much hope.

How long have you been taking them for? [mention]Eagleheart[/mention]
Hopefully they start to work soon, No good if they are meant to help you sleep but you're getting less.

Certain medications can take a while to get into your system. Insomnia sucks. I take two medications for it.

I've been taking them for 3 weeks now but I'm not at the full dose. I take 2 a day and I can take a third one if I really need to. I'm trying not to do that atm but maybe I should.
Thanks for your help. Xxx

I've been started on a new med for my anxiety.
It's called promethazine and it's meant to help me to sleep better but since starting it, I've gone from sleeping 7 hours per night to only getting 4 hours of very disturbed sleep each night.
I'm getting more and more tired but I just can't sleep properly ?
I've never had a good outcome from taking meds that are used to help you sleep. They don't seem to work on me.
I will keep taking the tablets because I was told that they can take up to 6 weeks to start working properly, but I don't hold out much hope.

i was just reading what you are taking for anxiety, i don't know you very well, so i have a few questions, when you received them, is it your first time taking this particular medicine and do you take other meds along with it. As a person who takes anxiety meds. i am always careful and ask the doctor alot of questions as to why this particular med, how long it will take and if it doesn't to be able to call right away. Not all meds fit each person. I take Lorazapam for anxiety and have to be very cautious, all of these have side effects, and you seem to be having the opposite side effect, i know it is Sept. 3rd and took care of it already. Anxiety meds be very complicated, also, i would look the medicine up for your own sake of knowledge