Autism Late Diagnosis

tdbnz

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well ?

I have Mild autism and I feel sad that
I was diagnosis Late in life I found out I had autism at age 19

I found out I had Autism after I finished at high school after struggling at Polytechnic when a staff member reported something wasn't right

Through school I struggled quite a bit I just annoyed no one referred me for help or got me a reason why things were like this

I Remember getting told off and detentions were it would of been avoided if I had help and the support during my school years

Now Things are much better I have a support worker and go to a disability youth group now things are much better as I am getting help witch is good

Has any one else here had a Late Diagnosis of Autism or Asperger's ?

Last edited:

nighttimelaughter

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a late diagnosis I’m 30 and it all make sense now why I struggled at school so much and with life but it means I’m getting the help I need now

Lammchen

Kind Member
Reaction score
Was the school system so overfilled that they were lazy to recognize what was happening? Sorry you both had late diagnosis but now at least you can move forward with different expectations. Just knowing will help you out in your day to day activities.

Ravenfreak

Motivated Member
Reaction score
I've never been officially diagnosed, but my mom claims I was diagnosed with a "learning disability" when I was a kid. I was placed in special education classes in elementary and middle school. By the time I made it to High School they removed me from said classes. I've always felt that I was on the spectrum but I'm also conflicted since I don't want to self diagnose myself...

Top Bottom