• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

ADHD

ADHD
I feel that when I read it up a bit, that I have some form of adult ADHD.
I can't sit in one place for long without twitching or moving, I often have mood changes, I am also sometimes emotionless. I get really easily distracted and start a million things without finishing most of them.
So my...
Shortie I myself have the same issue with my eldest son, he is 19 years old now and I firmly believe...
My friend has a lot of the signs of having ADHD but is afraid to find out for himself. How can I encourage him to get evaluated? What would alleviate his fears of knowing he has it?
Lammchen My friend has a lot of the signs of having ADHD but is afraid to find out for himself. How can I...
I am curious how people found out they had ADHD? How did you notice, like did you self diagnose and then ask a professional? And how do you go about it to ask someone to see if you have it?
DudeThatsErin I went through training to be a teacher and one of the classes had a section with the signs and...
Incredible as it sounds, I still am amazed at how often I hear people say "I don't believe in ADHD." You probably have heard it too. And if you are like me, the moment those words come out of their mouth, every hair raises on the back of your neck, the fire starts to churn in the pit of your...
WhippedCream Ignorance about things like ADHD amongst others usually just stems from a lack of exposure to...
By Laurie Dupar

A frequent question I am asked by my adults with ADHD and entrepreneurial clients is "How can I be more productive and get things done?!" Unfortunately there's not an easy answer that works for everyone. The problem is that the answer to this seemingly impossible goal is really...
Ozzy47 By Laurie Dupar A frequent question I am asked by my adults with ADHD and entrepreneurial...
Life with ADHD is a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week-adventure!! If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with ADHD, then you know how challenging it can be at times. Unfortunately, most of our focus is on the "negative aspects and problems" of ADHD and rarely are the strengths or positive...
Ozzy47 Life with ADHD is a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week-adventure!! If you or someone you love has been...
By Dr Dave DiSano

As a school psychologist who started his career over 30 years ago as a secondary science teacher I have always relied on research and data to support my beliefs. And when I explored the nature vs nurture (genetics vs environment) debate as it applies to mental illness I have...
Ozzy47 By Dr Dave DiSano As a school psychologist who started his career over 30 years ago as a...
Are you having trouble focusing? Are there many distractions in your life that keep you from getting things accomplished? People who have ADHD often have difficulty blocking out distractions that are unimportant in order to focus on the issue at hand. Many adults and children who have ADHD...
Foxy Good info, thanks.
By Laurie Dupar

The past couple of months have been doozies for me.

You know those times when the first technical challenge happens and you try to laugh it off and chock it up to "life"? For instance, when your PC crashes for the third time that year and you scold yourself for expecting it not...
Ozzy47 By Laurie Dupar The past couple of months have been doozies for me. You know those times when...
The short answer is no, but there is much more to it than that. Clinical studies have shown a correlation between ADHD and substance abuse, which lead us to believe that many individuals dealing with ADHD use drugs and/or alcohol as a coping mechanism for their attention related difficulties...
Ozzy47 The short answer is no, but there is much more to it than that. Clinical studies have shown a...
By Michelle Tottle

The big question around what behaviours indicate that your child has ADHD has been going on for years. A lot of people often say that children do not have ADHD and that it is just poor parenting. I personally have a child with ADHD and can say from experience, parenting a...
L I was also above grade level in reading and below grade level in math. Because I could do so...
We've all learned about ADHD (attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder). Perhaps you remember it back when it was termed as ADD - a label that had been presented to kids who found it challenging to adhere to the rules or be aware in class. Even though the condition is far more common in...
Foxy All true.
Foxy That would be me. I outgrew the hyperactivity part but still struggle with attention deficit...
Back