• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Autism Late Diagnosis

Hey Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well ?

I have Mild autism and I feel sad that
I was diagnosis Late in life I found out I had autism at age 19

I found out I had Autism after I finished at high school after struggling at Polytechnic when a staff member reported something wasn't right

Through school I struggled quite a bit I just annoyed no one referred me for help or got me a reason why things were like this

I Remember getting told off and detentions were it would of been avoided if I had help and the support during my school years

Now Things are much better I have a support worker and go to a disability youth group now things are much better as I am getting help witch is good

Has any one else here had a Late Diagnosis of Autism or Asperger's ?

Last edited:
Was the school system so overfilled that they were lazy to recognize what was happening? Sorry you both had late diagnosis but now at least you can move forward with different expectations. Just knowing will help you out in your day to day activities.

I've never been officially diagnosed, but my mom claims I was diagnosed with a "learning disability" when I was a kid. I was placed in special education classes in elementary and middle school. By the time I made it to High School they removed me from said classes. I've always felt that I was on the spectrum but I'm also conflicted since I don't want to self diagnose myself...