• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

I feel like an idot and insignificant

I hope this doesn't offend anyone if it does i apologies in advance, but I am feeling extremely low at the moment a good friend of mine suggested the games on here I've had a look however I suffer with dyslexia and the number one which I can never remember what its called. I look at the games and can think of an answer but never a question to carry things on this really gets to me and pulls me down even more as I see all you lovely people having a ball but I can't join in it just makes me feel even worse and brings me even more self doubt. Sorry for the long post and sorry if I have upset anyone in the process as I know how much effort is taken for these things

Hi @Gooner_87
Sorry I have only just noticed this thread so I do apologise.

I get what you mean sometimes my mind goes blank or I even have to Google the answers or for suggestions.
Try not to worry, doesn't matter if we make mistakes playing the games. :)

Thank you for your reassurance and don't worry about the late reply its no biggy 😊, I just can never think of anything and it frustrates me as I want to get involved with the fun and games but rarely can I have always struggled with this

I will give them a try at somepoint 😊
If you need any help you can always ask - if you are unsure of spellings and what not, there is no shame.

I have number dyslexia too, I always have to check everything 10 times before I submit to the number games just to be sure ;)

You have no reason to feel bad about having difficulty with the games since you suffer with dyslexia.

I applaud you for trying.

Can you explain to us what it’s like to live with dyslexia?

Thank you, I haven't actually got involved with any games as of yet I've had a look and tried to come up with an answer etc. Several times but have been un able to, and as fa as living with it every day tasks are fine but I quite often struggle with reading and writing and spelling, Auto correct is a god send for me!!! Although my reading is ok it takes me a while to read so I don't read many books because of it I do enjoy reading but have to be in the mood as it takes an age for me to finish books. I also suffer hugely with number dyslexia and struggle even with the simplest of sums which can be frustrating so I often have to resort to my phone I've always struggled with dividing and multiplying things. Sorry for the long reply

@Catsmother, @Foxy, all members

Thank you for such an informative reply about your struggles with dyslexia. I feel for you.

Spell check is a godsend that I appreciate having too.

Maybe just try 1 or 2 games at first to put less pressure on yourself.

Let’s try a question with a short reply game here, that others can join in on.

—-

Are you still feeling blue or more optimistic today?