Afraid Of Spiders

Catsmother

Thoughtful Member
Posts
8,225
Reaction score
2,587
It is 3:30 am here in the UK and I had to just wake my husband up because there was a big spider in my lounge.
I have an awful phobia against them. I actually just had a panic attack :(
 

stluee

Kind Member
Posts
136
Reaction score
54
Was it a brown recluse? or a wolf spider? We start getting those in the fall though in the u.s>
 

Catsmother

Thoughtful Member
Posts
8,225
Reaction score
2,587
stluee post_id=1962 time=1597113281 user_id=55 said:
Was it a brown recluse? or a wolf spider? We start getting those in the fall though in the u.s>

I don't know what it was. It was huge, It could run I tell ya :lol
 

Eagleheart

Kind Member
Posts
103
Reaction score
120
I'm terrified of spiders too. I'm afraid I do kill the big ones or I get my husband to kill them. I can't go to bed if there's a spider in my bedroom. Unfortunately I live in an old cottage with lots of gaps in floorboards and doors so the house is always full of creepy crawlies.
 

Catsmother

Thoughtful Member
Posts
8,225
Reaction score
2,587
I'm terrified or spikers. I spotted a massive.one on my stairs last week. Seriously nearly as round as my palm with its legs spread out. I just freeze and then shout the missus, she puts them in glasses and throws them in the garden.

So no doubt they get back in ?

If I see them and she's not around, I'm afraid it's goodnight to the spider, I have to kill it, I go all tingly inside.
 

Catsmother

Thoughtful Member
Posts
8,225
Reaction score
2,587
boro_boy post_id=2405 time=1597228501 user_id=48 said:
I'm terrified or spikers. I spotted a massive.one on my stairs last week. Seriously nearly as round as my palm with its legs spread out. I just freeze and then shout the missus, she puts them in glasses and throws them in the garden.

So no doubt they get back in ?

If I see them and she's not around, I'm afraid it's goodnight to the spider, I have to kill it, I go all tingly inside.

You sound like my son, He does exactly the same. :lol
 
Z

ZandraJoi

I'm not really afraid of them but I do have a respect for creatures. I get a cup & take them outside as well. What helped my fears is to think thru things. Spiders ARE good for the environment. They are beneficial. Majority of the time they are more afraid of you than you are of them (even tho it doesn't seem like that lol)
 

Violette

Motivated Member
Posts
11
Reaction score
9
A black widow spider is one you don't want to mess with. My grandmother was bit by one and she had to go to the hospital. Even after that her leg was swollen and painful.
 

Catsmother

Thoughtful Member
Posts
8,225
Reaction score
2,587
Violette post_id=2794 time=1597350482 user_id=66 said:
A black widow spider is one you don't want to mess with. My grandmother was bit by one and she had to go to the hospital. Even after that her leg was swollen and painful.

We don't get those here thankfully. It is when they run fast that scares me.
 

Catsmother

Thoughtful Member
Posts
8,225
Reaction score
2,587
ZandraJoi post_id=2668 time=1597329689 user_id=53 said:
I'm not really afraid of them but I do have a respect for creatures. I get a cup & take them outside as well. What helped my fears is to think thru things. Spiders ARE good for the environment. They are beneficial. Majority of the time they are more afraid of you than you are of them (even tho it doesn't seem like that lol)

You're probably right they are more scared of us but I still don't like them. Lol
 

Foxy

Fabulous Member
Posts
1,498
Reaction score
1,446
I've learned to live with tiny harmless spiders as long as they stay out of my way and earn their keep. However, I don't like when they head for me on their freaky little zip lines, that crosses the line for and it's rolled up magazine time. I have never had a large gnarly and/or venomous one in my home - I don't think they're indigenous to my area thank God. If I did see such a hairy monster I'd have no choice but to touch my house!
 

Pinky

Kind Member
Posts
338
Reaction score
152
I am a little scared of the fast ones. I try never to kill them but put them outside.
 

Catsmother

Thoughtful Member
Posts
8,225
Reaction score
2,587
Caught my cat in the early hours of this morning playing with one, Not sure if he killed it as I went back to bed.
 

Foxy

Fabulous Member
Posts
1,498
Reaction score
1,446
Catsmother post_id=3532 time=1597508776 user_id=2 said:
Caught my cat in the early hours of this morning playing with one, Not sure if he killed it as I went back to bed.

That was very brave of you. :sleep
 

Nilla

Giving Member
Posts
161
Reaction score
116
I hate the big ones. I was putting on my make up about two weeks ago and there was this huge one between the crevice where the sink meets the wall. My fiance and I tried to kill it but it went back down into the crevice. I thought it was all over until I went back in the bathroom two minutes later and it was there on the bathroom floor. Thankfully my fiance smashed it with a shoe. Ugh. I don't mind the small ones but why do they have to get so big? It's terrifying.
 

Catsmother

Thoughtful Member
Posts
8,225
Reaction score
2,587
Nilla post_id=3876 time=1597549194 user_id=50 said:
I hate the big ones. I was putting on my make up about two weeks ago and there was this huge one between the crevice where the sink meets the wall. My fiance and I tried to kill it but it went back down into the crevice. I thought it was all over until I went back in the bathroom two minutes later and it was there on the bathroom floor. Thankfully my fiance smashed it with a shoe. Ugh. I don't mind the small ones but why do they have to get so big? It's terrifying.

Yeah I am the same, I can cope with tiny ones, big ones are a big No no Lol.
 
Top Bottom