• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

working

hello I really need some advice I'm a single mum to 3 children, and their dad wont help me so i can work ive found a childminder but he works 3 days a week in school holidays pacific days I used to be self employed cleaning and i made 100 pounds a week before xmas but in the next lockdown i lost customers and one lady expected way too much and took the mick so i left their unsure of how to go about this although im doing gcses at home but they will take a while to complete any advice would really help me bearing in mind childcare would cost me 10 pounds an hour you do get 85 percent paid but you have to come up with the first month upfront in advance

That sounds really difficult. I'm not sure where you live but I know in certain places and circumstances governments will help with free or subsidized childcare. It's worth looking into.

I have found a childminder but he only works Pacific days so I have to work around it some how and find something you have to come up with the first month of payments up front but then they pay 85 percent of it back to you so it's not too bad I'm so bored mow that my kids are getting bigger

We are working couples, when our child was too small to go to school, my mother and my wife's mother came forward to help us. We did not even have to pay them. But we gave them gifts for their help.

That's parents for you, no one will ever act like your parents when it comes to rendering such kind of help for free. That's why I value them and will always value them even if they're too old.