• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Titanic

How many here missed it ? The movie is so celebrated and almost did a clean sweep at the Oscars. Is Avatar from the same director ? I think so. I would argue that both of them have a similar storyline :P

Everything about underwater exploration was very new to me. I never had an idea that machines could dive so deep and find an old ship which went to the bottom years ago.

It was in cinemas for days. Well received. There was a lot of hype in newspapers and TV. It is this, that, cinema of the century and so on.

It is true that some people were attracted to some part of it alone. But the movie did that good because it was a good storytelling experience by the team.

i only recently watched it for the first time

older brother had seen it and said it was a load of crap

I came across a better version of the story though: "A Night To Remember" (if the love story part of Titanic made you want to vomit) - the only glaring inaccuracy in that film is they show the Titanic sinking in one piece, but it was filmed in the 1950s i think which was before they found out for sure it had broke

Most commercial movies are. It is like politicians and elections, we know a lot about them that is not our favourite, but we still vote and take sides. I watch movies for their hype too. It is very academic. We will be considered a fool if we do not know enough about famous movies, games and other chit chat topics. So yes, we watch, use, play etc with some level of academic interest.

"A Night To Remember"
Based on the Walter Lord book which is still considered today as the definitive Titanic book. Owned it since I was 7 years old, can practically quote it by rote. The movie was dismal in comparison but it would almost have to be since the book was soooo thorough and highly detailed. Including the backstory of the Carpathia and Captain Rostron's actions in preparation for the rescue of 715 survivors. THAT is a movie I'd like to see made.

I came across a better version of the story though: "A Night To Remember" if the love story part of Titanic made you want to vomit)
I love the movie and I like the romantic love scenes. That's what made the movie more personal for me. Without them it would be even more depressing than a movie about a ship that sinks and most everybody dies! 😄

I’ve always been fascinated with the Titanic. Not just the movie, but with what happened. This movie was great & I’ve watched it several times already. For those who don’t know what it’s about, it’s loosely based on the ship. Being a movie, they had to have some drama & romance elements to grab people’s attention. It was from 1997 & starred Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet. They started it with the present day finding remnants of the ship & a necklace that revolved around the key characters. It was a beautiful love story that helped remind people of this tragedy.

I cannot tell you how many times I have watched the Titanic movie. I love history, and every single time I watch the Titanic I feel like I am part of the whole tragic event. It's definitely an older movie, but they did an excellent job on it. I highly recommend it to a select few people around the world that haven't seen it.

I watched it when I was a kid, but it is what it is. I rather watch the documentary. Even tho the movie itself is good, I am not a fan of that genre.

Jack I push you push, that was one of the emotional quote which Rose said to his dear boyfriend 'Jsck. Titanic is one of the most interesting emotional love movie I've ever watched. I watched it when I was around 6-7 years.

Titanic is a really good movie. Avatar is also a good movie. I have watched a lot of movies by James Cameron.
James Cameron is simply a super star movie director, I really enjoyed his past movies especially Titanic, Terminator, which he directed. I really enjoyed watching Titanic, that's where Rose (Kate Winslet) and Jack ( Leonardo DiCaprio) rose to prominence.

Titanic is a good movie but it is not the best movie by Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. They did not win Oscars for this movie. If you like watching Kate Winslet, I recommend The Reader. I am a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio.

I am big fan of their two, due to their lead role in acting iconic 'titanic movie. That's nice you've recommended me another interesting movie of Kate Winslet. What about top quality movie of Leonardo DiCaprio?

Loved the movie as well as the cat version...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.