• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Stress

Oh I'm sorry. I get it now. I'm sorry. I've always lived in a small town I guess it can be more scarier living somewhere bigger x

I feel so much better letting this out now I'm thinking I'm being silly now people are getting infected with covid and I'm moaning about this :-(

I feel so much better letting this out now I'm thinking I'm being silly now people are getting infected with covid and I'm moaning about this :-(
It's never silly to have a problem that bothers you and talking it out can help. It's another of life's hurdles and if you compartmentalize it and rank it by priority as you just did, it really helps to defeat it.

Like my Bonnie and Clyde comparison earlier.

Killing them with kindness! I love that! One time I literally just looked and smiled and they absolutely hated it! One day I thought sod it

Yep, a lot of the time it can help a situation, being overly nice. I'd leave it as a last resort with the ones you're worried about, but if they still won't leave you be, just treat them as though they're your best friends in the world, they can say no wrong, and eventually they'll either get fed up with the fact they can't get under your skin, or they'll realize you're a good person and leave you be.

Talking about what's bothering you always helps, always. Don't feel silly, it's never silly to let out the things that are bringing you down. You deserve to be happy, and talking about things helps facilitate that, so no subject is too silly to be talked about :)

Hi all I have so much going on I'm finding it really difficult to achieve anything, I feel so over whelmed, I'm trying to find work which seems impossible at the moment I live in a place I don't feel safe I just hate feeling on edge all the time I'm trying to look after myself but I just feel defeated and feeling like I want to give up.....but I won't
I'm sure you are achieving things. I always think about the little things I achieve during that day, they are important too and they add up and when you count them, you feel better about yourself. For example just things like preparing a meal or getting a small task done at work.

What about your studies, I'm sure you are achieving things in that area.

Just try to take things once task at at time.

And like the others said don't give up. But recognise you are human and can't do everything and sometimes we all need a break.

Sending hugs. x

Thank you I've done lots today too I've given myself a break though as I have a water infection I've over eaten which I shouldn't of really now I feel sick my eldest has brought a curry home but I cant stomach to eat it as I want to loose weight x

I hope you know the donkey and an old couple story. People are going to blame us, no matter what we do. It is easier to talk ill of others than doing something worthwhile. A lot of us suffered from job-related issues lately. Let us call it something related to chance or something that will get cured with time. Even if it doesn't we have no choice but to keep a positive outlook and fight the battle.

hello ..most of the people now a days having stress, anxiety issues. just be strong . communicate with your friends and family. all will be ok. just be patient.
That's good advice. :)

Things generally have a way of working out in time but getting through it can be hard.

Hi all I have so much going on I'm finding it really difficult to achieve anything, I feel so over whelmed, I'm trying to find work which seems impossible at the moment I live in a place I don't feel safe I just hate feeling on edge all the time I'm trying to look after myself but I just feel defeated and feeling like I want to give up.....but I won't
Just don't. Things will be always be better, how? Hard and smart work. Just do one thing, then another the next day and keep adding and adding. Organize yourself, make yourself do some things that you won't normally do. Try to educate yourself and you will get out of this!

If you have stress, anxiety, or depression, start doing yoga and meditation. Trust me you will thank me later.
If you don't know how to do yoga or meditation, check out the tutorials on youtube.