• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Stress

Hi all I have so much going on I'm finding it really difficult to achieve anything, I feel so over whelmed, I'm trying to find work which seems impossible at the moment I live in a place I don't feel safe I just hate feeling on edge all the time I'm trying to look after myself but I just feel defeated and feeling like I want to give up.....but I won't

Never give up. I am confident that you will succeed in everything you want to accomplish, but it’s going to take time and patience.

I know but every time I go out in the local area I get horrible looks and people make comments nothing what I've done what my ex has done, it's horrible

Don’t worry about what other people say or do. Focus on you, do what you need to do for yourself and your kids.

Just remember how easy you have it compared to Bonnie and Clyde!

I know but this happens when I out shopping on my own its knocking my confidence, considering this is th eperson my ex chated on me with she makes comments even when I have my children with me

Also I got threatened pretty much by 2 weird people in the area who I think are on drugs, I really hate it here its not a nice area for me and my kids if I change schools the better one then the girl my ex cheated on me with she goes there with her kids I cant win

I agree with Ozzy, never give up! As for the woman who your ex cheated on you with, think nothing of it. Focus on you and your kids and doing what is best for them. They cannot hurt you, so long as you are moving forward with your own life. Eventually it will all just be a blur in the rear view mirror as you fly past them in your life :)

Thank you all this has really boosted me up I am I'll this week I have a water infection I'm working and doing college I'm constantly on the go with 2 young kids (I have an older one too) sometimes I think am I doing too much but there's things I want to achieve

Yeah better to just ignore it I seen a man on the way home he let me go past I said thank you he gave me so an evil look and he sort of shouted a comment I was actually scared to be honest because I didn't know if I was going to take it further

One of the reasons I am glad I don't live packed in a sardine can. (Meaning, high population density per sq. mile)

Thank you all this has really boosted me up I am I'll this week I have a water infection I'm working and doing college I'm constantly on the go with 2 young kids (I have an older one too) sometimes I think am I doing too much but there's things I want to achieve

So long as you're taking time for yourself in there, and you don't feel it's too much yourself all the time, then keep on going and you will get where you want to be. It helps to keep yourself as busy as possible, and it sounds like that's what you're doing. You're on the right track and I fully believe you will get where you want to be!

What do I do about the weird people round here I don't want them to do anything to me
I have to agree with the comments above -- ignore them and keep going on your way. If they still give you issues, then try killing them with kindness. For now, ignore, though, it seems the most appropriate decision.