• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

random chat anyone?

What kind of guitar do you have @LostGeek, acoustic (steel or nylon strings), electric? Can you read music? I tried to learn, took lessons when I was a teenager. Lost focus and just learned chords, that was enough for me.

i have a crap acoustic, and three electrics, but never really used them. much prefer acoustic. i cant read music, always had issues being dyslexic. i finished a song recently that i actually like :P which is rare :P.

A pic of me and my dog, Ralf, when I was a teenager many, many moons ago. LOL

asvUCM.jpg

pretty good, i saw my partner and daughter today, i think it went great, just trying not to overthink it. but it made things seem normal and we went for food :) what you been up 2?

pretty good, i saw my partner and daughter today, i think it went great, just trying not to overthink it. but it made things seem normal and we went for food :) what you been up 2?
I am so happy for you, I know that you have been really worried and low about it. :)

I have been shopping and doing chores around the house so I am now chilling out for a bit :)

sounds good, im gonna play poker and have some snacks to treat myself. I do feel the theory about post natal depression makes sense to me. would love to talk to someone about that at some point

sounds good, im gonna play poker and have some snacks to treat myself. I do feel the theory about post natal depression makes sense to me. would love to talk to someone about that at some point
Yeah I am glad that you the post natal depression has made sense to you.
Feel free to talk about it when you feel ready, would be an interesting topic.

You deserve to treat yourself because you're doing pretty well, the other day I know things were bad for you. Really good to see :)

it feels like night and day, i also have to remember its not all my fault. i cant stop people being bitter. ill message about it later :) gonna spend the next few hours enjoying my day and shutting up my brain. i appreciate the positive vibes.

it feels like night and day, i also have to remember its not all my fault. i cant stop people being bitter. ill message about it later :) gonna spend the next few hours enjoying my day and shutting up my brain. i appreciate the positive vibes.
I'm so please you are feeling better LostGeek, it really makes me happy for you.

thankyou everyone for good thoughts. id take today over anyday but particularly friday or whatever it was. so i went out with my two girls (:P) to toby carvery and i paid, and i got to walk my child round the area cos she wouldn't sit still. it felt quite natural, she laughed with me alot and also we all laughed. the thing that makes me feel more and more that she has post natal depression is shes very aggressive like when she first got it. short fuse for no real reason. she also talks about her lack of self awareness and then doesn't do anything about it. she seemed concerned about me struggling though and we smiled and i said, im here for you, you know, whenever you need me, and she said the same back as i left the car. i miss them both hugely, but im trying to look at it as a process and not sit wishful thinking. i cant give more specifics if needs be.

thankyou everyone for good thoughts. id take today over anyday but particularly friday or whatever it was. so i went out with my two girls :)P) to toby carvery and i paid, and i got to walk my child round the area cos she wouldn't sit still. it felt quite natural, she laughed with me alot and also we all laughed. the thing that makes me feel more and more that she has post natal depression is shes very aggressive like when she first got it. short fuse for no real reason. she also talks about her lack of self awareness and then doesn't do anything about it. she seemed concerned about me struggling though and we smiled and i said, im here for you, you know, whenever you need me, and she said the same back as i left the car. i miss them both hugely, but im trying to look at it as a process and not sit wishful thinking. i cant give more specifics if needs be.
Sounds like you had a really good day.

Does your ex get any help at all? Your daughter sounds like an amazing young girl.
Maybe have your daughter stay overnight once in awhile?