• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Online or Offline?

Do you prefer online and by phone therapy or in person? Since I have Asperger's, psychosis and paranoia, I'd rather do it online and by phone than in person. Mostly because my mental healthcare clinic is a bit far from my home to go to and come back from weekly and every 2-3 months for my therapist and psychiatrist. And in the comforts of my own phone, I can have the same quality services than face-to-face for me personally.

For me its better in person. That takes me a bit more out of my comfort zone and my therapists can see better how anxious I am. Since I do a lot of pinching my fingers or small things like that. And they can not see me doing that in a video call.

My therapists also said that in person was preffered by them. But now with covid being able to video call is a blessing.

For me its better in person. That takes me a bit more out of my comfort zone and my therapists can see better how anxious I am. Since I do a lot of pinching my fingers or small things like that. And they can not see me doing that in a video call.

My therapists also said that in person was preffered by them. But now with covid being able to video call is a blessing.
Totally agree, Not the same online.

I much prefer it in person but because of Coronavirus that's just not possible which is quite hard, but you have to try and make it work through video calling or by phone if you must.

The personal connection you get from a face to face conversation just can't be replicated online in my opinion.

I much prefer it in person but because of Coronavirus that's just not possible which is quite hard, but you have to try and make it work through video calling or by phone if you must.

The personal connection you get from a face to face conversation just can't be replicated online in my opinion.
I agree, in person is better. Although with my last counsellor (who was brilliant) I only had telephone sessions and they still helped. In some ways its was even easier to let my emotions out as no one could see me and I was at home.

I agree, in person is better. Although with my last counsellor (who was brilliant) I only had telephone sessions and they still helped. In some ways its was even easier to let my emotions out as no one could see me and I was at home.

That's good to hear that it helped you. I guess you had that comfort of home to make you feel safer?

Online. I did better using BetterHelp.com when I used it versus when I used in-person therapy. Not sure why but I don't click as well in-person.

Any option is well appreciated their is no doubt. If I can get an entertainment therapy online or simply tips about healthcare and other health related stuffs then it gonna be something commendable. I prefer it mostly online, due to how committed I am simply at the moment online.

I have been to therapy just once and I met the psychiatrist in person. I have never tried online therapy. I think offline therapy can be more helpful because you can build up the courage to speak (it takes a lot of courage to tell someone what you have been through).

Back