Online or Offline?

Naiwen

Giving Member
Reaction score
Do you prefer online and by phone therapy or in person? Since I have Asperger's, psychosis and paranoia, I'd rather do it online and by phone than in person. Mostly because my mental healthcare clinic is a bit far from my home to go to and come back from weekly and every 2-3 months for my therapist and psychiatrist. And in the comforts of my own phone, I can have the same quality services than face-to-face for me personally.

Welf

Kind Member
Reaction score
For me its better in person. That takes me a bit more out of my comfort zone and my therapists can see better how anxious I am. Since I do a lot of pinching my fingers or small things like that. And they can not see me doing that in a video call.

My therapists also said that in person was preffered by them. But now with covid being able to video call is a blessing.

Catsmother

Confident Member
Reaction score
For me its better in person. That takes me a bit more out of my comfort zone and my therapists can see better how anxious I am. Since I do a lot of pinching my fingers or small things like that. And they can not see me doing that in a video call.

My therapists also said that in person was preffered by them. But now with covid being able to video call is a blessing.
Totally agree, Not the same online.

WhippedCream

Kind Member
Reaction score
I much prefer it in person but because of Coronavirus that's just not possible which is quite hard, but you have to try and make it work through video calling or by phone if you must.

The personal connection you get from a face to face conversation just can't be replicated online in my opinion.

lavalamp

Community Assistant
Reaction score
I much prefer it in person but because of Coronavirus that's just not possible which is quite hard, but you have to try and make it work through video calling or by phone if you must.

The personal connection you get from a face to face conversation just can't be replicated online in my opinion.
I agree, in person is better. Although with my last counsellor (who was brilliant) I only had telephone sessions and they still helped. In some ways its was even easier to let my emotions out as no one could see me and I was at home.

WhippedCream

Kind Member
Reaction score
I agree, in person is better. Although with my last counsellor (who was brilliant) I only had telephone sessions and they still helped. In some ways its was even easier to let my emotions out as no one could see me and I was at home.

That's good to hear that it helped you. I guess you had that comfort of home to make you feel safer?

Top Bottom