• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Autism Musk

I read in the news that Musk has disclosed that he is autistic. Considering how people admire him and the size and influence of his empire, Autism is certainly not something that will bury us in a pit forever.

I do not know whether anyone else so famous has been open about their condition. But there might be a lot of people who might have achieved great things even when they are special.

Elon Musk? You know, I've always had a thought that he would be on the spectrum in some way. Pretty sure I've read articles that have mentioned the same thing as well. Regardless, it's great to see someone in his position be open about it, hopefully it'll make more people aware of autism and just what people with autism can do for the world. I work with a lot of fantastic students who have autism and it's horrible hearing what they've gone through in the past - I hope one day this can change for them.

He was so bold to talk about it openly. Now a lot of people will try to discredit him. For many reasons. It is normal to find ways to talk ill about others.

I work with a lot of fantastic students who have autism and it's horrible hearing what they've gone through in the past - I hope one day this can change for them.

People never understand that normal is ordinary. This world has around 1 billion people. And you are just one of them. But some people are special. Not the title they get because of their condition, but special in reality.

That's very true Harry - honestly, some of the students I've worked with are so much smarter and more capable than people recognise. It's a shame that because of a stigma around whatever condition they may have that they are ostracized by others. Luckily, I've noted a small and incremental change in this opinion since my youth.

I once saw a picture. A white seal, the poor thing was suffering so much in the crowd because every other seal is black. Imagine how it is with humans. It is always hard to stand tall in the crowd. People will pelt stones only if they can make it count.

I personally know a lot of people who hide a lot of their skills only because it will bring unnecessary attention.

It's good to see some representation. Also he could be a good role model for younger autistics. It's good to see someone with a successful job too because much of the autistic population is unemployed or under-employed.

because much of the autistic population is unemployed or under-employed.

Yes, sadly. Most govts do nothing to change it. There are not enough educational institutions for children who need special care.

he could be a good role model for younger autistics.

Let us hope so. He is known for being unpredictable.

Musk is one of the richest in the world. That is a big place to be in.