• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Mental health talk.

So what do you do when you don't have a diagnosis but you read up on your symptoms and take an online test that points you to the only thing that makes sense 🤔.
(have tried to get a diagnosis)

So what do you do when you don't have a diagnosis but you read up on your symptoms and take an online test that points you to the only thing that makes sense 🤔.
(have tried to get a diagnosis)
I went to see my GP and she referred me to CMHT. How long ago was it when you tried to get a diagnosis?

I've already spoken to my Gp and other doctors i always get the same response. They don't seem to want to give me a diagnosis.

I've already spoken to my Gp and other doctors i always get the same response. They don't seem to want to give me a diagnosis.
I believe it is now harder to get a diagnosis these days. Maybe talk with your GP again and ask can they refer you to the mental health team.
Just say that you're not happy with your treatment.

I believe it is now harder to get a diagnosis these days. Maybe talk with your GP again and ask can they refer you to the mental health team.
Just say that you're not happy with your treatment.
The only treatment I have received is councilling and meds which neither of which have helped much

No it really isn't i havent found them to be helpful if im honest. I had the crisis team involved at one point and the Dr turned around to me and said I'm a danger to my kids
:cry:
Sorry to hear that. I remember a few years back I went to a&e when I was in crisis and they called social services, I had a visit from them asking my youngest daughter does she feel safe with me. I was furious at the time.

:cry:
Sorry to hear that. I remember a few years back I went to a&e when I was in crisis and they called social services, I had a visit from them asking my youngest daughter does she feel safe with me. I was furious at the time.
It is infuriating we carry on with our daily lives and routines even tho we are screaming and crying out inside

You need to find a new GP. Mine is wonderfully understanding, but there isn't too much they can do for you other than write prescriptions.

You can self refer for therapy using the NHS website, but waiting times can be long.

You need to find a new GP. Mine is wonderfully understanding, but there isn't too much they can do for you other than write prescriptions.

You can self refer for therapy using the NHS website, but waiting times can be long.
Lee I've had about 5 different ones and I know there's no support. Just a case of get on with it.

Lack of funding means the available support is spread so thin, that is the reality of the situation. Its not fair on anybody, the patient nor the MH staff. The support is there, but obtaining it due to the aforementioned budget cuts can be difficult.

Anybody can self refer for CBT and you can rerefer an infinite number of times. You can get low and high intensity therapy. Short of hospitalisation and medication there isn't really much more that can be easily offered. Everything else must be tailored to an individual and is much more difficult to access, due to government funding.

If you have the ability, it might be worth visiting a private clinic, but obviously there is only a small niche of people who can do that too.

You have my empathy, because I am stuck in the same system as you and am also fighting to get that tailored help.

Keep fighting 💜

Lack of funding means the available support is spread so thin, that is the reality of the situation. Its not fair on anybody, the patient nor the MH staff. The support is there, but obtaining it due to the aforementioned budget cuts can be difficult.

Anybody can self refer for CBT and you can rerefer an infinite number of times. You can get low and high intensity therapy. Short of hospitalisation and medication there isn't really much more that can be easily offered. Everything else must be tailored to an individual and is much more difficult to access, due to government funding.

If you have the ability, it might be worth visiting a private clinic, but obviously there is only a small niche of people who can do that too.

You have my empathy, because I am stuck in the same system as you and am also fighting to get that tailored help.

Keep fighting 💜
Thanks Lee currently waiting on some grief councilling hoping it's gonna be helpful