• Eating disorders can be very sensitive topics. Please don't use numbers.

Junk food

Harry

Kind Member
Reaction score
What if people with issues are too fond of junk foods ? How will you help them leave that habit ? Is it always going to be hard to get the person into a regular or controlled diet ? Something that is helpful than making things worse.

PGen98

Giving Member
Reaction score
It's extremely hard to get people to abandon junk foods, because it's a source of comfort in hard times, so a lot of people turn to them Takes a lot of will power.

mist

Fabulous Member
Reaction score
Junk food, like many things in life is fine in moderation, the problems arise when eating too much becomes normality. Even eating too much of what may be considered healthy food will eventually cause significant weight gain and the health problems associated with that.

I allow myself to eat unhealthy foods two days a week, the rest of the week I strive to eat and snack health. It gives me something to look forward to at the end of the week as a little bit of indulgence from time to time is beneficia.

Harry

Kind Member
Reaction score
because it's a source of comfort in hard times, s

I agree 100%

There is a taste associated with each of them when work on people will cause some sort of addition or affection. Both are dangerous to our own logic. There are ready to cook and ready to eat noodles packs. Ready to cook is somewhat decent when it comes to the demands.

But ready to eat is too much advanced. All you have to do is open the lid, pour a glass of hot and boiling water - or close to it. Stir it for 5 minutes and eat it. Fun, right ?

WhippedCream

Kind Member
Reaction score
It's a long and difficult process to kick a junk food habit. I feel like the food itself isn't what makes people eat, it's the comfort of eating, the actual act of eating food that I think brings that much needed release in times of stress.

Joshua Farrell

Motivated Member
Reaction score
I don't mind eating junk food too much myself, as I know how to interpret my body's signals when I had enough. Though I do know it can be difficult for some people. I know that some family members have had to resort to being controlling with what is bought, in order to help get someone to stop eating junk all the time. While I don't agree with that method of helping someone out, it does seem to help with some people for a time, after they figured out that they can eat something else that tastes just as good, but is healthier for them.

The main issue I see with that approach though, is if it turned into a mental issue, where no matter how healthy the person ends up getting, they might fall back into the trap of eating the same foods, once the controlling of what is bought has ended.

Top Bottom