• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Could this happen?

Maybe it will be the Care Bears and they will save the world.

Or the world will just be one gigantic Teddy Bear's picnic!

Looking forward to appeasing our new ursine overlords! :ROFLMAO:

🐻🐼🐻🐨
I can pull an old lawyer's trick next time I have that dream and just imagine the bears are nekked! Or that they are care bears or teddy bears!

Do you mean naked?
Yep. Nekked is Redneck for "naked." I meant yeah, without their fur.

Y'all ever have what's called lucid dreaming? Where during a dream you come to realize it is in fact a dream and have the knowledge that you're asleep? And then try to stay there and try to manipulate the circumstances?

Yep. Nekked is Redneck for "naked." I meant yeah, without their fur.

Y'all ever have what's called lucid dreaming? Where during a dream you come to realize it is in fact a dream and have the knowledge that you're asleep? And then try to stay there and try to manipulate the circumstances?
Thanks for the clarification.

I rarely have lucid dreaming. I generally always think my dreams are real until I wake up. And my dreams are, trippy, dark and down right strange sometimes, so for me its normally just a big relief to wake up.

Do y'all have some of the same dreams as repeats? I have that happen occasionally. And when I get the deja-vu feeling I realize I'm asleep and dreaming, and try to manipulate that one too.

Almost always, when I try to manipulate the circumstances before long the "screen" shatters and falls away in pieces like a big window, and I wake up. I can keep it going though by just playing along and not try to manipulate. But it never just keeps running, somehow something "detects" the lucid state, and the screen crumbles.

Do y'all have some of the same dreams as repeats? I have that happen occasionally. And when I get the deja-vu feeling I realize I'm asleep and dreaming, and try to manipulate that one too.

Almost always, when I try to manipulate the circumstances before long the "screen" shatters and falls away in pieces like a big window, and I wake up. I can keep it going though by just playing along and not try to manipulate. But it never just keeps running, somehow something "detects" the lucid state, and the screen crumbles.
For years I used to have dreams of being trapped in a burning building, the exact same dream night after night.

ok everybody calm down! A war between USA and UK is NEVER going to happen ! relax!

Idiot Facepalm GIF

Yeah I get repeated dreams sometimes. Normally when I have an issue I'm trying to work through and I haven't quite got there yet.

Speaking of dreams, I had a very trippy one last night. I was in this house and I'd been outside it before, but there were these strange dark coloured birds trying to get me and these random dream people. I think I had a gun and I was trying to shoot them. My old (and dead) pet cat was with the birds too. In real life I have never shot a gun. Its not something that interests me at all (in fact I'd be scared). I was then in the house and the other people were still outside with the birds and my old cat. I wanted to let the people in so they'd be safe, but there was no way to do that without letting in the birds.

Then I woke up! Very strange! :ROFLMAO: I did have cheese as part of my dinner last night, maybe it was that, or my medication or a bit of both!

Maybe the dream has a meaning for you? Have you been feeling a lot of pressure form the world? Like you read the news and made youself worry about the world?