• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Could this happen?

i know it was just a stupid dream, but last night i dreamed that the UK and the USA got into war with each other and the USA decided to come to the UK and take random people away as prisoners to the USA, those they took was those of us who are just "normal" people who the government wouldnt even try to bargain to get us back

i dont know what they was going to do to us cause i woke up after we got put in a prison camp :eek:

UK and the USA got into war with each other and the USA decided to come to the UK and take random people away as prisoners to the USA
That actually happened, twice! Except it was the other way around.

One night I dreamed I was in a world where bears had taken over, and shooting or harming them in any way was against the law. There were roving bands of outlaws who were going around shooting them anyway, and the government had troops stationed everywhere to protect the bears. It was a quite vivid and detailed experience.

Wonder what Freud would say about such dreams? He would probably tell me to get off the beta blocker.

i know it was just a stupid dream, but last night i dreamed that the UK and the USA got into war with each other and the USA decided to come to the UK and take random people away as prisoners to the USA, those they took was those of us who are just "normal" people who the government wouldnt even try to bargain to get us back

i dont know what they was going to do to us cause i woke up after we got put in a prison camp :eek:
I think you are okay @willowtigger . It's extremely unlikely to happen, so I really wouldn't spend time worrying about it.

But I also know what its like to wake up from a nightmare. The worst ones I get are generally about people I care about dying and the ones I had last year when, I was going through some difficult stuff were pretty scary too. But I find waking up going through your day and just having some normality helps.

But you know you can always post on here if anything is upsetting you.

xx

i dont want to get thrown somewhere like guantanamo (spelling) bay or something ...............

(guantanamo spelling bay is still a thing i believe?????????)

what sort of people do they throw in there
Where does England house their captured enemy combatants? That's right, no one knows. Because MI6 doesn't disclose that. We do.

The detainees at gitmo were Islamist militant enemy combatants, with no national or military affiliation. They were held pending criminal trial.

Where does England house their captured enemy combatants? That's right, no one knows. Because MI6 doesn't disclose that. We do.

The detainees at gitmo were Islamist militant enemy combatants, with no national or military affiliation. They were held pending criminal trial.
Would they ever send "prisoners of war" there if the USA and the UK ever went to war with each other?

sorry that stupid dream has been messing up my head today :(

Would they ever send "prisoners of war" there if the USA and the UK ever went to war with each other?
There is no telling what they would do. But if I were a prisoner I would a lot rather be sent to gitmo than to any of our supermax federal prisons.

And by the way we don't capture militants anymore, as of 2010 the policy changed. Obama found it too messy to have to deal with them, feed house and clothe them. We just outright kill 'em. There's only something like, 34 or so still housed at Gitmo. The really deadly dangerous ones, the worst of the worst which we should never let back out.

I can tell you one thing Willow, there is a very, VERY high threshold for ending up somewhere like that.

You have to have done something very serious indeed.

Trust me, you won't end up there.

xx

What would most likely happen if the UK and USA did go to war against each other and the USA decided to raid the UK and grab civilians? What would they do to civilians in that scenario?

sorry that stupid dream is stressing me out still :/

It is extremely unlikely the USA and UK will go to war. They are allies and do things through diplomacy and negotiation rather than fighting. I wouldn't even consider the impact on civilians as at least in our lifetimes, it almost certainly won't happen.

Don't worry its okay to be stressed out about things and good you are talking about it, if it is upsetting you.