• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Advice

For a while now i have been having the urge to hurt someone or myself !!. I could just be chatting with a friend and this thought in my head comes in to punch them for no reason or a person walking by for no reason i just want to punch them !! I quickly take my mind away from it.. Yesterday i was walking by a road and thought what if i jumped in front of that car ! I'm getting these thoughts more and more. I don't think i would ever act on these thoughts but scared i will one day. Have any of you had these thoughts and how do you stop these thoughts ? Is this a condition ? I did get sectioned a few times last year but never told them about these thoughts i was having which now i wished i did

Ok, first these are just suggestion, some of what you are feeling i have gone thru but not towards anyone, sometimes i feel we are stressed out and and an easy way out. One thing i may say, it might be best to try getting a therapist , this way, when you talk to them , you have some sense of what is going on within yourself and like Catsmother said, a psychiatrist, one thing though, the therapist first, the thoughts are what are need to be dealt with, second, it is good to reach out the way you did. Once you have done that, then the pieces to the puzzle will start. I only know from my experience i had to have both in my life, they can diagnose and see what you need to do, I am not telling you what to do, just advice, right now with Coronavirus going on, you are not alone, This is global

Welcome to the forum @markwoods39 ! We all have those feelings. Seriously, we all do! But the most important thing to focus on is that you recognize your thought patterns & are asking for help. We'll do all we can but I echo what others have said, a therapist will be very beneficial. Also try to enlist family members, local friends. The more people we reach out to, the less these thoughts will have a hold on us.