• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

You know what would be real cool?

If Xenforo had nested replies with notifications like Facebook does. So that you could reply to a post and the comment would nest directly under the post without mucking up the rest of the thread. The Status feature/plugin on member profiles has them. 😃

If Xenforo had nested replies with notifications like Facebook does. So that you could reply to a post and the comment would nest directly under the post without mucking up the rest of the thread. The Status feature/plugin on member profiles has them. 😃
Gemma has that on her xenforo site. idlechatter.co.uk if you want to check it out.

I think maybe you all might have misunderstood my post? I guess I worded it wrong. What I meant was that threads would still have threaded replies, but instead of having to quote posts in threads, each post would have a reply button below it that would nest the replies directly underneath the post like Facebook replies to comments. I hope I explained that right this time? 🤔 😄

That's the one she uses. I remember when that one was developed too.

I wouldn’t support buying nor installing that.
And here's why, just for edification for safeinsanity - when the maker of the addon goes belly up and the addon stops working, all the comments are lost. The addon isn't just a simple plugin, it's a major addition. I can see on a super busy board with a hundred people asking for this, to be accommodated. But it's a pretty big investment not in money but in expansion of the database tables, many template modifications, overhead, lots of stuff that can't be easily undone if something breaks or goes wrong.

I say the above because indeed it just happened, on another exact such comment system addon. And people are now having to scramble.

It ain't because we're meanies. :p

Well. For what it's worth, Ozzy plans to take over the one that went belly up and after that it will be FREE to us and we might look at installing it here.

So, "no" doesn't necessarily have to stay no.
Would we have the option of which way of seeing the forum we use? Or would it be a "Facebook style" option only and the layout the forum has now disappears?

No idea what any of you are talking about?
My apologies, I only just now saw your post.

Safeinsanity is asking for a plugin to be installed here that allows us to comment on individual posts, directly under the post instead of as, in an additional post. Like facebook has. There is such a plugin for xenforo but we don't like the way it is coded, would much rather do one ourselves. Time will tell.