• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Personal Story Why I'm a Compulsive Liar: My Experience with Masking Depression

Hi everyone, :)

I recently wrote about my experience with masking and filtering depression. It's not particularly inspirational or informative, but it's a part of my story that I wanted to talk about. Particularly because everywhere you look for mental health support, it encourages you to be open and to talk to people - so I wanted to explore the guilt I feel about being truthful with my loved ones on a daily basis, projecting my low mood onto them, and what I can do to moderate this impact when my condition is unlikely to improve any time soon.

It would be interesting to know if others can relate to what I've written. My experience may also link in with autism spectrum condition, however I am on a *very* long waiting list (3+ years so far) for an assessment - and I am reluctant to talk about that until it's 100% confirmed, just in case that's not a valid diagnosis.

https://iaresam.net/2021/05/11/why-im-a-compulsive-liar/

Thanks so much for reading!

I must say, your article is extremely well written, well reasoned, and very intelligently introspective and insightful. You organized painful thoughts and feelings into a quite logical and well flowing presentation. Bravo!

Would enjoy reading more from you. Quite helpful. Thank you for linking it here.

Wow, thank you so much for such lovely feedback Pig Hip! I really appreciate that. Thank you for taking the time to read it, I know it was quite lengthy! ❤️

Wow, thank you so much for such lovely feedback Pig Hip! I really appreciate that. Thank you for taking the time to read it, I know it was quite lengthy! ❤️
I don't mind lengthy as long as it is tailored for the reader not just walls of flowery word salad. It's obvious to me you understand the purpose of writing. Would love for you to take advantage of our blog system here as well.

I don't pass out disengenous complements or attaboys, I deal honestly with people. Your writing is excellent. The point you make in your article is salient. I never considered what a fine line it is between coping mechanisms and simple dishonesty. Thoughtful reading.

Talking about your inner feelings, your thoughts, and your emotions is not all about making yourself guilty. I don't think anyone can be labeled as guilty unless you are seriously involved with hurting anyone physically, emotionally, and mentally.