• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Play With Your Panic Attack By Playing With Your Mind

Most people, when they encounter a panic attack, will immediately feel the rushing sensation in their body, and their mind will suddenly go everywhere, unable to be controlled. It might be true for you as well. When you experience sudden anxiety attacking your mind, you will tend to think all over the place. You will lose your self-control and be engulfed completely with fear and phobia that will make you unable to move.

Think about a stage fright. If you never speak in public before, you might immediately feel the panic sensation whenever somebody asked you to speak to a public audience. You will experience a stage fright, and you seem to be unable to move your legs, let alone your lips. You want to run, but you can't move your body either.

That's a common sensation of panic attack. But, there is something that you have to remember. Panic attack can only attack your mind. In other words, it's just a fragment of your imagination. So, the way you deal with it is to break the pattern within your mind that builds the anxiety that you are experiencing. Just challenge your mind!

Here's a good method that you will find helpful. Whenever you experience a sudden panic attack and you feel anxious all of the time without being able to control your thoughts, here are some things that you have to do:

1. Take an alarm clock with you. It can be your smartphone or just a regular alarm clock.
  2. When you feel the panic, set the alarm clock to one minute stopwatch mode.
  3. Play a little game with your mind. Tell yourself, "Well, myself, I'm sure you are now getting crazy over this thing. I would like to know how crazy it is for you. Give me all your best."
  4. Next, start the countdown in your stopwatch and watch the clock ticking. Tell yourself further, "If you can't prove that this panic sensation is not just an illusion, I'll control the situation fully. I'll give you 60 seconds.
  5. Then, start thinking about your panic and find all the reasons why you should be anxious in this situation. Intensify the feeling for as long as the stopwatch clock is still ticking.
  6. Once the clock goes to zero, tell yourself again, "Well, there's nothing dangerous ahead. It proves that this panic sensation is just an illusion. OK, let's move."

When you do this simple trick, you are actually playing with your mind to prove its own point. Why should you get anxious in this situation? You'll let your mind to give the reason. Then, whatever the reason, you'll just stop it from giving you the panic sensation once the clock is going to zero. You simply move on after that as if you don't have any kind of panic or anxiety before.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8574353

I can't feel devastating enough to think all day, life is too short, since I can't change all the wrong feelings on Earth or stop bad feelings completely, I simply have to stay calm and meditate about changing my bad mood and breathing fresh air again.

I don't think anyone can play games with their mind when they are going through panic attacks. I am saying this based on my observation. I was with my wife when she experienced panic attacks, I tried to help her by asking her to tell herself to do certain things but she could not concentrate on any instructions.