• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Omicron is like a cold

For 2 years none of my relatives caught covid...until Christmastime when 3 were tested positive all on the same day and they weren't together. Their symptoms were minor and cold-like. Out of about a thousand Facebook friends, the ones who currently have covid are the vaccinated friends. Are you finding that most of your vacc'd friends are catching it compared to your unvaxx'd ones? I'm fully vaccinated, btw, so I'm not anti-vax.

Since this is variant is mostly like a cold, except for those people who have other health issues, then should the pandemic be lowered to an endemic?

My daughter and her adult kids have decided to stay away from vaxxed friends and family for a w hile as the protein spiking is the major issues in many getting sick etc.

None of us will do the unapproved toxins.

A family friend of mine had two vaccines and a booster but still ended up in the hospital because she is immunocompromised. My neighbor was also pretty sick with it but he didn't get any of the vaccines. Other people I know who have it and are vaccinated seem to be doing okay.

The theory is that people who have had the vaccines, if they get sick it isnt supposed to land them in the hospital.
It's working out that way here, judging from the daily hospital reports on the local news. It's running about 10 percent vaccinated, 90 percent not, of the COVID patients in our local and area hospitals.

It's working out that way here, judging from the daily hospital reports on the local news. It's running about 10 percent vaccinated, 90 percent not, of the COVID patients in our local and area hospitals.
Its working out similar where I live, in terms of mostly unvaccinated people ending up in hospital with covid.

The theory is that people who have had the vaccines, if they get sick it isnt supposed to land them in the hospital.

Well, that wasn't the case for 2 of my friends who are fully vaxx'd and are in the hospital.

Right now none of my unvaxx'd friends have the virus, but a ton of my vaxx'd friends have it and most have mild cases but there are also some that have bad cases.

Not just Omicron, most of all previous variants, in the beginning, appeared like Common Cold. People coughed, sneezed, and had fevers. They say Omicron spreads faster than the previous variants but is less severe. Maybe that's because a lot of people are already vaccinated.

I really don't know how they're going about testing for covid 19 omicron variant. Here in my country I see it as an ordinary malaria disease, it got same symptoms. My cousin got malaria, and was tested positive, which made him to lose his work position.

Agreed. My husband had the original one and so did my parents and it was just like a cold, they lost their sense of taste but other than that, nothing else happened.

I had covid a few weeks ago. My friend who works in covid research at a university thinks, based on my symptoms, that I had an omicron variant. What I had was worse than a cold, it was more like the flu. I barely had the energy to stand up at times and just had to sit in front of the TV or lie down. I still got quite sick despite having had 3 vaccines. My boyfriend had it at the same time as me (he gave it to me) and he was sicker than I was.

I suppose it does differ between people though, I know quite a few others who hardly had any symptoms at all.

Different Batches of the "vaccines" had strong and weak active ingredients. One does not know what they got jabbed into their bodies. And many eneded up the spike proteins that made them even sicker. All shots in the dark as far as I see it all.

For 2 years none of my relatives caught covid...until Christmastime when 3 were tested positive all on the same day and they weren't together. Their symptoms were minor and cold-like. Out of about a thousand Facebook friends, the ones who currently have covid are the vaccinated friends. Are you finding that most of your vacc'd friends are catching it compared to your unvaxx'd ones? I'm fully vaccinated, btw, so I'm not anti-vax.

Since this is variant is mostly like a cold, except for those people who have other health issues, then should the pandemic be lowered to an endemic?
You are talking about a virus that millions of people are exposed to daily. Developed countries are well vaccinated - this isn't the case globally. To downgrade the pandemic it requires global infections to decrease. In the UK people are dying from Omicron, not just clinically vulnerable people. Omicron is the current dominant strain, that will change.

Pandemic means the infection has spread across continents, it hasn't declined yet. Be patient.