• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Not able to trust people

Is that a disease ? I always thought that is someone being smart. This world is not for the weak. Time has proven it many times.

But some people always are hard to believe in. In most cases, their show-offs are brilliant. But that itself is a reason not to trust them.

That is good to know. I see some people are blind with trust. If someone asks you for money, they will give it right away. I will start wondering what if they do not return, what if it is going to end up in trouble.

I read somewhere about a previous President. It was do not trust anyone but be decent to all.

I think trust is mostly linked to confidence. So it's not so much a case of whether someone will reveal a secret or take something from you, it's more of your expectations of what will happen afterwards. That has helped me put things into perspective. Like, trust is a fundamental feeling and hard to dismiss - but looking at it as a means of confidence is helpful to know.

It's certainly not a disease to not trust people. Sometimes previous experiences make it harder for people to trust. I agree with the others that trust needs to be earned.

It is natural to not trust people, but when you start mistrusting everyone and doubt everything, you need to understand there is something wrong in your brain.

Even if I am trying to be cool, I can never be extra cool, I simply have to act when it is needed. The world doesn't need weakling, if any one acts like that, he or she will be hit off by enemies.