• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

midnight murderereressed Ebony

I'm so sorry that happened, willowtigger, I know the pain of losing someone close to you, whether a relative or a pet. It's one of the worst feelings. We lost our little cat, Coleman, a few months back. He had been a bit down, then he stopped eating, so I took him to the local animal hospital. We thought he had a bug or something, and with Covid we weren't even allowed to enter the hospital with him...I got a call from the vet while parked in their parking lot. He had internal bleeding and there were only two options -- surgery, for which they needed $2,000 now to even start, or to let him go, which "only cost" $600, for which they would be so gracious as to bill us. I had no choice in the matter, I didn't have $2,000 and they said it was unlikely he would survive the surgery anyway, so I had to let him go. I wasn't even allowed to say goodbye. It hurt to lose him, he was such a personable little man. I'll never forget him, as I'm sure you'll never forget Ebony.

cole.jpg

My Ebony had been abused then abandoned and the vet thought she had at best 2 years left at most cause of the condition she was in :(

With me, she managed to get to just over 4 years before her already dicey health got bad again

Despite what she had been through once she knew someone she was happy to be near them and would allow handling ❤️

That's fantastic, both that you rescued her from her previous situation and that she managed to get so much extra time knowing she was loved and cared for.

That's not dissimilar to Coleman, my sister actually found him as a little kitten abandoned in a mall parking lot because he was small and poorly. We had him checked at a vet and he turned out to have feline leukemia and was not expected to live past 6 months. He wound up living for 5 years and was such a sweet, personable cat. Loved him, he was incredible. So long as you show them love, they will give you all of the love you could imagine in return.

It really hurts inside to lose a beloved pet. I've had it happen too. Very painful. Cats especially, they are so noble and have such dignity when they are hurt or severely ill. Very sorry for your loss.

i am certain my girl hung on for as long as she could cause me and Mum was her favourites, Mum lived too far away from me to be able to get up here, her bad turn of health was sudden, like she really couldnt hold on any longer :(

I absolutely agree, she held on as long as she did out of her love for you. That's what your love means to them, they will do whatever they can to be with the ones they love :)

Cancer is horrible, and very sneaky. My mom had cancer and docs could not find it until it had spread through her whole system, leaving her about 3 months of life. We adopted a senior dog knowing he wouldn't live much longer, but gave him lots of love in the time he had left and he loved us too. I know you love your fur family very much and I believe they love living with you.

Our Tibetan Apso has been missing for over a week. We don't know if he has been killed by other animals or someone has kidnapped her. I can understand how it feels to lose a pet.

My father's two little native dogs simply ran out with a female dog, that was the end of their life, we couldn't see them anymore. Maybe, stranger (s) killed them and used them as meat.