• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Let's Get To Know the Members

This is a nice topic.

I'm 25 (b-day November 4th) and newly married. I was born and raised in Maine, but I now live with my husband in Arkansas. We don't have any children right now. We have five cats and a dog.. although I suppose you could call the animals children. They sure act like it!

I have had quite the life- I grew up in a toxic household and I didn't have my father growing up. I have suffered from anxiety and depression since I was 12 years old. Throughout my teens I was a social recluse. I got bullied a lot. I didn't have a lot of friends but I did cherish the ones who were.

My lifeblood was The Lion King and it still is. Ever since I was five, I became attached. Not only do I love the movie itself but it has helped me in more ways than one. It has been my safe space if you want to call it that. Despite being very depressed and anti-social offline, I was the opposite online. I have been on forums since I was 14, the first ones being Lion King boards. This is also how I met my husband. We were in our last years of high school when we met on a Lion King forum. We were best friends for years. Before we were dating, we were in toxic relationships. After coming out of them, we started dating in 2019 and got married in November 2020.

I enjoy gaming, reading and I love doing digital art. All three are how I deal with anxiety minus the pills I take as needed.

Anyway.. I think that is all I have to say. :P

That's a fantastic way to meet your husband, it sounds like the two of you are perfect for one another! I'm glad you were able to find that safe space and find a way to let yourself come out of your shell a bit. I do much the same with forums, it's a good way to open up around people with shared interests!

Well, it's nice to be back in the fold again after a short break. I'm Dave, live in the Northeast of England and I may be one of the oldest geezers on here; I'm in my last year of my 60s and will be 70 in November. I'm not aware of any Mental Health issues of my own, but I know a lot of people who suffer from this horrible issue and try to help whenever I can but know when to keep out of the way and give space to those who need it.

I was a full-time carer to my later mum for over 10 years, so I have an inkling into age related issues and how they can impact on your mental health. Right now, I live alone, but in a complex/scheme for those who are near retiring or have retired. In some respects, I'm classed as the baby here as most (not all) are in their late 70s, 80s and 90s. It's a nice, safe place to live so that infuses some level of comfort, especially when everyone lives on their own; we tend to rally around and help each other when and where we can - sometimes that often leads to the blind leading the blind lol.

I've lived a varied life, never really found that one 'special' person to settle down with. I played in a rock band for 15 years, worked in the Co-op, video rental stores, was an area manager for one, worked as a bar manager and finally worked for myself for the last twenty years of my working life as a website developer and graphic designer.

I love my rock music, but my ears are open to any kind of music that tickles them in the nicest conceivable way. Science Fiction Movies and TV Shows are my forte as well as a good action movie and the occasional comedy (the more slapstick the better).

If there's anything you'd like to ask me, I'd be happy to try and provide an answer.