• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

I feel the system has failed me.

My main reason for joining the site, is that i feel the system has failed me. I feel i have put all my remaining strength in to seeking help with little to no results.The hardest thing for me is that this is my life. I try to look outside of my narrowed vision to understand that there are others that need help and support and not feel any sense of entitlement. The system is not equipped for the level of help it needs to give people. But the abscence of compassion and seriousness of experienced are so disheartening. Always feeling dismissed, and misunderstood.

Curious to see how others feel, and any experiences both positive and negative?

My main reason for joining the site, is that i feel the system has failed me. I feel i have put all my remaining strength in to seeking help with little to no results.The hardest thing for me is that this is my life. I try to look outside of my narrowed vision to understand that there are others that need help and support and not feel any sense of entitlement. The system is not equipped for the level of help it needs to give people. But the abscence of compassion and seriousness of experienced are so disheartening. Always feeling dismissed, and misunderstood.

Curious to see how others feel, and any experiences both positive and negative?
I agree the mental health system is shocking, the Government have cutback most of the services, I was discharged from the Mental health team without warning.

Welcome :)

First off, welcome! I also feel the system has failed me. In my experience there are services for people that meet very specific criteria and since I don't meet those criteria I have been left with very little. I hope being here will be helpful for you.

totally agree with what you have said and I know a lot of people have the same experiences

welcome to the group!