• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

How's Your Mood?

Catsmother post_id=734 time=1596839028 user_id=2 said:
Nilla post_id=606 time=1596820659 user_id=50 said:
Pretty angry and annoyed.

Hope that you're okay *hug*

I eventually got over it but now I feel a but sad still because we had to put my fiance's cat down. :(

Nilla post_id=752 time=1596844457 user_id=50 said:
Nilla post_id=606 time=1596820659 user_id=50 said:
Pretty angry and annoyed.

I eventually got over it but now I feel a but sad still because we had to put my fiance's cat down. :(

Aww I am sorry to hear that [mention]Nilla[/mention] It is horrible losing a pet :cry:

Catsmother post_id=942 time=1596896471 user_id=2 said:

Aww I am sorry to hear that @Nilla It is horrible losing a pet :cry:

Thanks. It is something I never experienced before. I was so afraid he would feel it when they.. you know. But he didn't and he went peacefully and happily. He looked like it, too. I feel really bad for my father in law because the family had him for 14 years and he is really broken up about it. I'm sure the pain will heal in time, but Buddy the cat will never be forgotten. His spirit lives on in each of us. He used to sit out on the back porch stairs and lay in the sun. I believe that is where he is right now.

Anyway, I feel okay today. A bit better than yesterday.

Nilla post_id=969 time=1596902119 user_id=50 said:

Thanks. It is something I never experienced before. I was so afraid he would feel it when they.. you know. But he didn't and he went peacefully and happily. He looked like it, too. I feel really bad for my father in law because the family had him for 14 years and he is really broken up about it. I'm sure the pain will heal in time, but Buddy the cat will never be forgotten. His spirit lives on in each of us. He used to sit out on the back porch stairs and lay in the sun. I believe that is where he is right now.

Maybe do a little memorial for him too? I did it with my dog, I put a plaque on my fence out in the garden where he used to sit, I often go out there and think of him.

Our pets are part of the family, it is really horrible when they leave us.

Catsmother post_id=972 time=1596903016 user_id=2 said:
Nilla post_id=969 time=1596902119 user_id=50 said:

Maybe do a little memorial for him too? I did it with my dog, I put a plaque on my fence out in the garden where he used to sit, I often go out there and think of him.

Our pets are part of the family, it is really horrible when they leave us.

Aww that is sweet. Yeah we are getting a paw print of him in a mold and his ashes. So we will still have him. It's just really sad. I wish pets lived as long as we did. They are around for a portion of our lives but to them they have known us for their whole life. They are angels sent down to us for a while and they have to leave eventually so we can love again as they watch over us.