• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Best Pets For Mental Health

It's no doubt pets do amazing things for your well-being. From sniffing out diseases to supporting you emotionally, pet owners tend to be healthier all-around, mentally included.

Dr. Judith Joseph, a New York-based psychiatrist and TikToker shares her recommendations for the best pets and how you can benefit from them based on your mental health conditions in two videos.

Full article here:

The best pet is the pet you can understand your mood, experience, and feelings. I don't think there is another animal other than dogs that can truly understand human emotions. When you cry, will your guinea pigs, parrots. or lovebirds understand you? However, your dog will understand you.

Sometimes allergies will dictate which pet is the best for someone. As Nomad said, a lot of different types of pets can "get" your mood and help relieve you in the way that they know how. My daughter's guinea pig would snuggle me and lick my cheek and having that love is so helpful. But I'm highly allergic to her hay so it's tough having her around at times.