• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

What phobia/fear do you have?

I have quite a few phobias myself, some of which I have had all my life and others that I realized I had as I got a little older.

I have had a huge fear of spiders and also heights right from being a kid, these are two fears I have never been able to get out of.

The next one is a fear of dying, I never knew that I had this fear until I had kids and I sat one day and I thought about it and it really upset me.

I have no real fears, but I do have a couple of phobias - Spiders and Wasps! I don't fear them, but I will go out of my way to get rid of these potential invaders in my home. Deep water - which is a shame in a way, as I wanted to join the Royal Navy when I left school; not exactly a quality they look for in potential recruits, lol. It's not the thought of drowning, I just don't fancy having chunks ripped out of me by those predators of the deep. Other than that, I reckon I'm pretty stable ;)