• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Welcome Back!

Lee

Administrator
Talk Mental Health Logo

It has been a while since these doors were open, so please bear with us as we blow off the cobwebs.

Welcome back to Talk Mental Health.

Lots has changed since your last visit, I am sure. Just to run through a few of those changes:
  • New Owners - @Ozzy47 did a fantastic job running this place in the past, but felt it was time to move on to pastures new. Myself and @PGen98 have since taken the rains and reopened the community. Please join us in thanking @Ozzy47 for both his hard work and for giving us this opportunity to ensure Talk Mental Health can carry on.
  • New theme - We have decided to "tweak" the default theme for the software package we run Talk Mental Health upon. This gives us the ability to focus on accessibility without having to overly worry about maintaining a software package that requires constant upgrading upon feature releases. We have also provided a Dark Mode theme which is accessible from the website footer or your user preferences page.
  • Article management will be a big focus of the current ownership. It is our long term plan to raise income and pay journalists in the niche to provide us with unique and individual content. This should hopefully allow us to become self sufficient and help provide an income to journalists who might otherwise struggle due to mental illness. More details of this scheme will be announced in due course. We expect to have this operational buy Q3 2024. Stay tuned!
Most importantly, we would love to extend our gratitude to you, the member for your continued support and trust in allowing us to do what we do and supporting our community.

Welcome back to Talk Mental Health, together we are stronger. Together we have got this.

@Lee & @PGen98

Last edited:
Good on @Ozzy47 for helping to make this happen and it's great to see @PGen98 and @Lee taking up the reins and breathing some life back into this particularly important site. I hope it flourishes and that many, many people can gain some comfort, peace of mind, and build some new friendships. More power to you all ...

Good on @Ozzy47 for helping to make this happen and it's great to see @PGen98 and @Lee taking up the reins and breathing some life back into this particularly important site. I hope it flourishes and that many, many people can gain some comfort, peace of mind, and build some new friendships. More power to you all ...
Hopefully this site is back for the duration. There's so much TMH can offer and I look forward to seeing where things go :).

Congrats on getting Talk Mental Health back open. It was an awesome community, and I'm sure that will continue with you guys taking the reigns. :)

I was never part of the original TMH but I'm happy to see that something like this exists, so thank you for making it happen.
This is exactly how I felt when I first stumbled across TMH the first time, and it became a place of strength for me, as we hope it will be for everyone that stops by. A place to let our guards down and talk openly about our struggles.