• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Sad music

I think we need not be someone with special skills to hate songs that are very melancholic. Some of them drive people mad. I do not know why some of them exist, if not for torment people.

Are you selective about the type of music you prefer ? How do you manage to stay from the wrong ones ?

Sad songs are good for when you're sad. That's why people write them when they are hurting. Music is another way to express your emotions. Heavier music tends to be more angry sometimes whereas Pop music tends to be more happy and uplifting.

Hank williams senior songs always help me feel better when I am down theres no way anyone could have ever hurt inside as much as he did with all he went thru

Sad songs can be a really powerful way of getting through hard times. I like acoustic music as it's very soft and easy to listen to and makes you more inclined to focus on the actual words being sang.

I used to listen to sad songs when I was going through some tough times but now, they just make it worse for me. We all change in life with what works & now doesn't. Just like I cannot watch sad movies. There's enough sadness in the world, I want to be entertained with music, not be reminded that life doesn't have a silver lining.
But with that said, if a type of song helps get people through, keep listening to it! Don't ever let others tell you you should or shouldn't.

I listen to a lot truly sad and depressing music when I'm experiencing bouts of depression and it legitimately helps me. If only from the standpoint of knowing someone else understands the pain, but it makes me feel better, temporarily. I'm not going to post any of the artists or songs, because for the wrong person those songs would be triggering and could do the exact opposite of what they do for me, but they're all about hopelessness, contemplating acts of ending their lives, worthlessness, everything I feel personally when I'm down. So absolutely, when I'm down there I listen to a lot of sad music, frequently. When I'm thinking more clearly I usually revert to less depressing music.

It feels sad all the time to keep listening to a song that isn't what my mind wants. I've experienced such kind of scenario severally. When I am listening to music I don't like at all, I wouldn't stay on to listen to it.