• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Quality vs Quantity?

So after several years of therapy and medication, I can say that I'm pretty happy, relaxed and stable in life. I'd rather have a good emotional quality life, which I mean that I'm doing everything in pursuit of happiness, being relaxed and mindful and etc. How to best enjoy life this current moment? For example, I've spent my afternoon watching colourful music videos about my native cultures. Why? Because that's what I love doing in life. I practice aroma therapy, like burning scented incense and putting cream on my skin and etc. Skincare routine and bath therapy as well as massage therapy feels really good to me personally. I'd like to invest in a once a month treatment in a spa someday after covid is over. I'm addicted currently in life to the lavender-eucalyptus scent from "Bleu Lavender" personally. Because efficiency and productivity are put in emphasis in today's world, everybody feels so rushed about life that it's not spent on watching the process, experience and feeling. That's where, I think, mental health issues such as depression, stress and anxiety have come to be. Why do you worry constantly about 1 thing? Because you want to faster and better solve this problem. But wait a moment, it might go away by itself. Observe the circumstances, analyze the facts, become grounded and be mindful of always the facts that's reality around you.

I think quality is better than quantity. I don't think that having more of anything is better than having something that is better.

Sorry for my ignorance. I could not understand what you really meant by quality? However, I do agree that quality of life matters. Quality of life is related to life's satisfaction. You will reach that point only when you know how to appreciate life and the beuty around you.,