• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

My new Meds?

Sorry to hear about your recent health issues @Naiwen .

Hope you feel better soon and the new medication helps. Get plenty of rest. You can always post on here too if you don't feel good.

Take care of yourself. x

Thanks, but I think I should take some pills later at night, to have a more regular sleep, I've had insomnia again tonight/panic/anxiety/dissociation attacks. Thank you for your concern, everyone.

Have you spoken to your doctor about rhe insomnia you have been experiencing?

I've had extremely severe insomnia in the past (I hardly slept for 4 days on one occasion last year) and am generally not the best sleeper, so I can empathise. I've also been on medication for insomnia in the past as well.

Have you spoken to your doctor about rhe insomnia you have been experiencing?

I've had extremely severe insomnia in the past (I hardly slept for 4 days on one occasion last year) and am generally not the best sleeper, so I can empathise. I've also been on medication for insomnia in the past as well.
Yep. taking 2 sleeping pills at night, sleeping much better right now.

I have a new stress and anxiety relief pill (busburone 15 mg) at night after dinner to take for my insomnia and panic/stress/anxiety attacks. I have called both my GP and psych today to have relief from it. Hopping it’ll work like a charm tonight.

I have a new stress and anxiety relief pill (busburone 15 mg) at night after dinner to take for my insomnia and panic/stress/anxiety attacks. I have called both my GP and psych today to have relief from it. Hopping it’ll work like a charm tonight.
Fingers crossed it works for you!

What kind of medicines are you using? I once had trouble sleeping and was taking one pill every night for a month. Then I gave up medication and started following alternative therapy and alternative lifestyle.

What kind of medicines are you using? I once had trouble sleeping and was taking one pill every night for a month. Then I gave up medication and started following alternative therapy and alternative lifestyle.
Taking bubusrone 15 mg at bedtime currently.

What are you using bubusrone for? How many medicines in total are you taking every day? What kind of mental issues do you have. I am asking this because my father suffered from depression for 10 years, my mother is battling mental health issues, and my spouse has an anxiety history.

What are you using bubusrone for? How many medicines in total are you taking every day? What kind of mental issues do you have. I am asking this because my father suffered from depression for 10 years, my mother is battling mental health issues, and my spouse has an anxiety history.
Maybe a dozen for different medical reasons.

That's bad. How long have you been suffering from these conditions? What does your doctor say? Do you have to take these medications for life long?

Do you actually have to take these medicines lifelong? Have you tried alternative medicines, Traditional Chinese Medicine, for example?

I’m back from my psychiatrist now. I have a new med to take at bedtime :”Lyrica, 50 mg”. Supposed to help with insomnia and mood swings. Hopping it does the trick.