• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

It's too hot

R.c4b40bcab110507a480f04474796a56f

It's seriously freaking awful in Britain when it's hot like this unless you happen to live near the sea and even then it's awful because everyone heads for the beach at once due to the fact we have to make the most of it!

25057751.gif

In contrast, we here on the High Plains of the Texas Panhandle have been enjoying one of the most mild and wet summers in decades! Normally we only get 19 inches of precipitation annually. We're on pace to make it 29 inches for this year. Plus, our normal 100-degree days number in the 20s-30s during summer, and we're yet to see even one of those this year!

Brilliant weather!

It's been really hot today where I am. It looked quite cold out this morning and when I went out it was so hot I started sweating. I hate summer, I can't wait for the cold winter again.

It's been really hot today where I am. It looked quite cold out this morning and when I went out it was so hot I started sweating. I hate summer, I can't wait for the cold winter again.
I don't mind summer, but I definitely prefer spring and autumn. Winter is too cold for me and summer is too hot! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I'd agree with that.

It's to do with the climate change, the UK used to be a very wet and windy country but since the temperature has risen it's turned it into being very humid so you don't even get traditional heat like in European countries. You should get really hot and sticky from the moisture in the air.

The overall infrastructure within the UK is not designed for it either.

I can see it becoming a real problem soon.