• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Is going to the movies too expensive?

Is going to the movies too expensive?

How much are you willing to pay to see a movie at the cinema?

Will you pay more to see a 3D, 4D, or IMAX movie?

I think going to the cinema is cheaper.
I was talking to my Grandma the other day and she mentioned it was £15 to rent a movie to watch at home whereas it's only £8 to watch a movie in the cinema.

I don't rent any movies anymore. We used to when there were the rental stores back in the 90s and that was fun going to pick out a movie. Not so fun to forget to take them back on time.

I go to the cinema maybe once every few years? 5 years? I don't know. I don't think that there are many movies put out anymore that are worth my money.

Going to the movies is way too expensive, If you go to a manatee you can get a deal and its $10 a ticket. And if you buy popcorn and a pop, that's another $10. My daughter show me how to rent movies from the library network, so I get new release movies for free and I avoid the movie theater.

For me to get to my nearest cinema would be a £30 round taxi trip, upwards of £15 to get into the cinema (depending on day, time and movie) and then another £10 or so on munchies; so for me, a trip to the cinema would be £50+ so I just wait for movies I want to see come on streaming, or, if I really want to keep the movie, I'll buy it when the price comes down.

I used to be really impatient to see a movie and would probably be one of the first in the cinema queue, but not now. In fact, a lot of movies that I was looking forward to seeing turned out to be major disappointments, so. I play it cool these days.