• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Trigger Warning In a bad place right now

My friend got bullied badly so I stepped in and I stood up for my friend and I gave the bulky a piece of my mind and I didn’t hold back (verbally) and I feel jangled up inside and unable to sleep, unable to move, unable to even get myself a drink of water. The truth is I’m fed up with dealing with other people and it brings out the worst in me and I’m fed up of peoples hidden agendas but most of all I’m fed up with my life and my battles, every day I battle and struggle to stay alive because even eating and drinking normally I find difficult and carrying on because everything I every knew and cared about was taken away from me by god and I’m supposed to be okay with that, he took my mother, he took my sister and now I got nothing left just a shell of who I once was, but he won’t he take me 😭 I’m just made to sit here and wait and suffer and nothing I do feels like it’s ever good enough. I make many mistakes but I can’t keep up with the pace of life, I struggle with food, drink, keeping my bank account balanced, looking after myself and the pets because my partner can’t help I do everything other than cool because no one else can. The house is getting more and more of a mess and I feel helpless like everything’s getting on top of me.

Take things one at a time.

Understand that everything "God" "takes" is just, life. In the late 80s through early 90s everyone I loved, passed away. Like we all eventually will. It's part of life.

If you believe in God put your faith in him. Take strength from that. And just take everything separately, one at a time, and march through. Don't let it pile up and crowd you. Your time too will come, just like all of us.

Re: Bullies - Good for you for standing up to one. I learned at an early age, there's one main reason they are bullies - because they are cowards and they are insecure as a result. I found that busting their lip cures it.

You are here for a reason. Find that purpose and lean into it.

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time @nighttimelaughter .

Are you speaking to your GP or a therapist about how you are feeling? They may be able to help.

I agree with what @Pig Hip said about taking things one at a time. I'd also suggest taking things one day at a time. I've had to do that myself in the past.

Don't feel bad for making mistakes. I make plenty of them too, everyone does. For me it's how I usually learn.

You can always come on this site if it helps you to express how you are feeling or if you want someone to listen, the forum is full of kind people.

Sending hugs.

I’ll try take things one at a time.
I’ve got a therapist but to be honest her focus is getting me to learn how to cope with my feelings and emotions before she is willing to treat me 😑 so we don’t spend much time other than doing exercises from a text book 😑 but I guess that will change I hope.

I’ve spend the pet few days resting and trying to recover, I think I burned myself out. I started eating way to little, exercising lots and got caught up in the bullying crap I was dealing with, plus with the insomnia I just not been sleeping much either

I’ll try take things one at a time.
I’ve got a therapist but to be honest her focus is getting me to learn how to cope with my feelings and emotions before she is willing to treat me 😑 so we don’t spend much time other than doing exercises from a text book 😑 but I guess that will change I hope.

I’ve spend the pet few days resting and trying to recover, I think I burned myself out. I started eating way to little, exercising lots and got caught up in the bullying crap I was dealing with, plus with the insomnia I just not been sleeping much either

Coping with your feelings and emotions is a great beginning of treatment.

Have you suggested to her that you'd like to add more to your treatment and that you feel ready for it?

I hope your friend's bully has backed down now and that you and your friend don't have to worry about that person again. Bullies can bring out strong emotions in us that we might not be prepared to handle.

Why should you feel burdened about standing for other people, speaking for other people, fighting for other people if you truly believe that you should start for the right people and the right cause? When I help people who truly need help, I feel happiness and pleasure. If you can't you should stop doing it.

It turns out my friend lied and she wasn’t bullied and she lied to me to get my to stand up for her so let’s just say we are no longer friends as I don’t like people using me like that, I gave her a chance to explain but she didn’t have anything to say to me so she’s no longer my friend.

It turns out my friend lied and she wasn’t bullied and she lied to me to get my to stand up for her so let’s just say we are no longer friends as I don’t like people using me like that, I gave her a chance to explain but she didn’t have anything to say to me so she’s no longer my friend.

Wow! Some friend :( Sorry she used you like that so she could feel validated in front of a group of people. That's not right.

It's better you move on now!