• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

How has COVID changed your anxiety?

For obvious reasons, the past 12-18 months have been a big source of change for a lot of us - some negative, some positive. I was wondering how you feel your anxiety has changed during the pandemic, and how that change has affected you. For me, one of the bigger changes I've found is that I've actually been getting less anxious than I was normally, and I would put that down to a new, better life routine that COVID has allowed me to follow. A lot of my anxiety stems from social interactions so naturally, with them being less (and less formal via Zooms), I've found myself mellowing out a bit. From there, I feel like that that more chilled out version of me has allowed me to interact with more people at work, potentially making more acquaintances along the way.

What about you?

I think my social anxiety's actually gotten worse over COVID, since I'm already terrified of things like going for a takeaway or stopping by the shops to pick up the weekly shop, ever since COVID came around I just feel even more anxious about anything indoors that isn't at home.

I think my social anxiety's actually gotten worse over COVID, since I'm already terrified of things like going for a takeaway or stopping by the shops to pick up the weekly shop, ever since COVID came around I just feel even more anxious about anything indoors that isn't at home.
Have you found yourself using more delivery/takeaway services due to that Pgen? I've found myself switching a lot to online supermarket deliveries and Amazon for other things as the pandemic has gone on. As I mentioned, it's made my life a lot easier and I'd rather pay a little extra to not have to deal with people in shops (who were mad even before COVID) as it just makes life easier. Is it the actual interaction that causes your anxiety to flare may I ask?

Have you found yourself using more delivery/takeaway services due to that Pgen? I've found myself switching a lot to online supermarket deliveries and Amazon for other things as the pandemic has gone on. As I mentioned, it's made my life a lot easier and I'd rather pay a little extra to not have to deal with people in shops (who were mad even before COVID) as it just makes life easier. Is it the actual interaction that causes your anxiety to flare may I ask?
I have indeed been using more delivery options, and curbside pickup where available. Anything to get me out of interacting with people. As for what triggers it specifically, I can't really pinpoint it, just social interaction has always been a problem for me, and getting into social interaction situations makes me exceptionally anxious.

I've been quite lucky during the pandemic as I'd consider myself very much an introvert anyway, so having that separation from people all the time has been really nice. Not having to mix with people so much has reduced a lot of pressure from me and I know that for others like me it's been a really productive time.

Covid has causeda lot of financial problems in the life. And that has lead to some of the issues related to the anxiety in order to deal with various finance related problems. But we never know how the life can change for many of us. So it all depends on how we handle those days and move forward.

I do not have a history of anxiety. Even when I had Covid, I did not experience anxiety. I was too stressed out because I was worried about my financial conditions (because I could not work and I was spending a lot of money on medical bills), however, I did not experience anxiety.