• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Feature Request

Not sure if you are willing to do this or not, but I would like to make a request to allow members to have animated gif avatars. I made a real cool one this morning! 😄

It showed the animation working when I added my animated gif avatar earlier, but then when I saved it, it removed the animation. 😞

No biggy if you don't like them, but I just thought I'd ask. 😊

I really hate it. It just junks up postbit. Let's turn this into a question thread so the suggestion can be up or down voted?

If I were to enable it, it would be usergroup controlled.
If so I would make it real restrictive, un-logged in public can't see it. Would really rather only the person(s) using it could see. It really adds garishness and boorishness. Cheapiness. Get noticed for your great posting not flashy "here I am" vanity stuff.

If so I would make it real restrictive, un-logged in public can't see it. Would really rather only the person(s) using it could see. It really adds garishness and boorishness. Cheapiness. Get noticed for your great posting not flashy "here I am" vanity stuff.
Man, you read too much in to it. I think they are just fun and visually cool!

Obviously, I don't. Went out of being "cool" back in 2009. And remember:
Oh boy, this guys a real knumbskull!
ezgif-6-b4eafdab3137.gif

Oh boy, this guys a real knumbskull!
Hey, I love Ralph too and love everything Jackie Gleason did. But for every one of the minor GIFs like yours, there's gonna be three sparkling, flashy garish ones.

I thought you said "no biggie?"

Hey, I love Ralph too and love everything Jackie Gleason did. But for every one of the minor GIFs like yours, there's gonna be three sparkling, flashy garish ones.

I thought you said "no biggie?"
Well, then why not just put a file size restriction on them. Let's say, anything bigger than the file size of my Ralph Kramden avatar! 😋

@safeinsanity I’ve thought about this and unfortunately it’s something I just really do not want to have on here, at least at this time.

I will keep the suggestion open though, just in case I change my mind.