• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Do you play any instruments?

Some day I would love to learn how to play the saxophone, piano, and violin. I currently know how to play a little of clarinet and guitar. I also like to sing.

Do you like to play any instruments? Are there any that you wish to learn how to play?

I play the flute and tin whistle (also called the penny whistle). I need to practice again because it's been a while since I played but I always love to play Christmas songs!

I learned the flute when I was 10 & 11. Played in our school band. Though I wasn’t that good at it. I was “okay” but I found out I didn’t have a knack for music, just like art. I can however appreciate people learning an instrument. It takes dedication & a commitment.

I play drums and any and all percussion instruments you have. Timpani, Glockenspiel, congas, timbales, bongos. On and on. If it gets hit, I have mastered it.

I wish, I never learned playing one and now I am just too tiered and overflown with work and hobbies that I can't find time to do it.

I play drums the most. My other instruments are guitar, keyboard, piano, and bass guitar. I'm also trying to learn the banjo but haven't never actually touched one. I'm just memorizing chords. I was sort of O.K. at the violin but have forgotten it.

Back in middle school, I had learned to play the flute. However, I have always been able to play the drums by ear. Some people may think that playing the drums isn't difficult, but there's a difference between being on beat with the other instruments and singers and not being on beat. I've encountered several people who think they can play the drums, but beating them isn't "playing" them. You have to stay on beat with everyone else. I can play on beat with nearly any type of music, but my preference is playing during church.

I am not good playing instruments, but I love the sounds of guitar, piano, arching an expert playing through any of them gives me immense satisfaction.

I had to play a recorder for school and hated it. I took piano lessons as a kid one summer but never got into it. I haven't played any instruments in a while and probably forget the little I knew about recorder and piano because it's been so long.

I don't play any instruments, however, when I was in my teens I tried to learn guitar. I went for a 6 weeks class. But later I stopped practicing and I forget everything.