• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Do You Have a Nightmare Travel Story?

I remember about 9 or 10 years ago and going to Turkey in which meant to take 4 hours turned into 8 because we hit thunderstorms, I had never seen a storm like it, the plane was like being on a roller coaster and we had to do an emergency landing in Greece and wait for the storm to clear. It was very scary.

Many many years ago we were going on a trip with some friends by car and it was storming you could not see through the front window. We had to keep wiping the window as my husband were driving

Well right now, I am in a motel with my fiance. I actually had this dream last night. We had a big trashcan in our room and when we tried to drag it outside, the trashcan was bolted to the floor and after we took the bag out, roaches the size of kittens came crawling out. Like, 10-20 of them.

Wait, does this topic mean nightmare as in dream or nightmare as in bad experience?

When I was in my late teens I took a road trip with my two girlfriends, one tiny puppy and one of the girls visiting male cousin (who I never cared for.). We were driving upstate to spend the weekend in a college dorm room of the boy's female friend. He assured us she would be fine with us crashing in her room for the weekend.

We got up to the school and the girl wasn't there, she had returned to her home for Thanksgiving break. So now we had no place to stay and not enough money to rent a hotel room (which is why our weekend getaway included staying at that girl's dorm.) We walked around in the woods and came upon someone's campsite. The people weren't there and my friend's cousin started helping himself to some of the camper's things. I was mortified that this supposed love child hippy would steal. He kept saying it was an abandoned camp and these things were left behind.

We decided to return home. We piled back into the car (a tiny old VW Beetle) and headed home as the sun was setting.

Problem #1 - the puppy had explosive diarrhea and started pooping in the car. Problem #2 (which probably should have been reserved for the puppy's number) it started to snow and we were driving down from the mountains in steep and slippery hills. Problem #3 the windshield wipers didn't work so the driver had to wipe away the snow with her hand as she drove. Problem #4 the heater didn't work so with the windows open to clear the windshield we were freezing.

We made it as far as the Bronx where that creep boy lived. We spent the night on the living room floor surrounded by his parent's three huge great Danes and one gassy puppy. What a nightmare.

Catsmother post_id=3583 time=1597515925 user_id=2 said:
I remember about 9 or 10 years ago and going to Turkey in which meant to take 4 hours turned into 8 because we hit thunderstorms, I had never seen a storm like it, the plane was like being on a roller coaster and we had to do an emergency landing in Greece and wait for the storm to clear. It was very scary.

I remember that, it was terrifying and the worst experience of my life.

Well, I have one that I narrowly avoided.

Last year, I spent a weekend in Barcelona with my work colleagues - from 11th to 13th October. For the most part, things went smoothly: my flights weren't at great times (because we got the cheapest ones available), but they got me there and back on time.

And then, on the 14th October, less than 24 hours after I returned home... this happened:

https://www.thelocal.es/20191014/in...nia-after-separatist-leaders-given-jail-terms

I'm so relieved I didn't get caught up in any of that >_< ...