• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Do You Enjoy Browsing In Shops Now?

<t>Do You Enjoy Browsing Wearing a Mask?</t>

• <t>Yes - It does not bother me</t>

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • <t>No</t>

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Thought this would be a good topic to have.

I was only saying to my hairdresser this morning that I don't enjoy browsing the shops anymore because I feel like I cannot breathe with having to wear a mask, It is the way now that I cannot wait to get home.

How do you feel about browsing in the shops?

I hate wearing face masks, I just get too hot and start sweating all the time!!!

So i'd say it kind of puts me off browsing for long periods of time in shops, well I say long periods of browsing, I just mean browsing haha!!

boro_boy post_id=6893 time=1598134431 user_id=48 said:
I hate wearing face masks, I just get too hot and start sweating all the time!!!

So i'd say it kind of puts me off browsing for long periods of time in shops, well I say long periods of browsing, I just mean browsing haha!!

I know what you mean Lol.

I hate sweating as it is, I am always the one sweating after a work out or just a walk in hot weather!!

It does my head in!!!

I posted the same thing on my forum and honestly didn't know you had this topic. LOL

I left KOHL'S dept. store in about 15 minutes. I lost interest right away. )o:

Dazzal post_id=6896 time=1598135396 user_id=340 said:
I posted the same thing on my forum and honestly didn't know you had this topic. LOL

Hi :wave

Was that because you were getting too hot wearing the mask?

Serously I sweat in the winter so I'm a wet mess in the summer and even worse in the summer. If I sweat I just think people can see it through my clothes and I'm sure that makes me sweat more and more! Honestly I'm like the sweatiest person ever!! I don't smell but I can easily turn a light blue shirt dark!!!

Yeah you gave me the idea really to post a topic about it Lol

boro_boy post_id=6897 time=1598135560 user_id=48 said:

Serously I sweat in the winter so I'm a wet mess in the summer and even worse in the summer. If I sweat I just think people can see it through my clothes and I'm sure that makes me sweat more and more! Honestly I'm like the sweatiest person ever!! I don't smell but I can easily turn a light blue shirt dark!!!

I think it is an anxiety thing the sweating and wearing the mask. When I take mine off the mask is so wet with the breathing Lol I feel sorry for anyone who has breathing problems.

:hello1 [mention]boro_boy[/mention] not because I was sweating. It's like the mask puts a different perspective on looking around. It not enjoyable anymore. I don't know how to explain it. LOL :lol

Dazzal post_id=6900 time=1598135790 user_id=340 said:

:hello1 @boro_boy not because I was sweating. It's like the mask puts a different perspective on looking around. It not enjoyable anymore. I don't know how to explain it. LOL :lol

I totally understand, its like when you try and let someone in front of you, its hard to tell them as you usually you you face to say, "you go before me" but the more expressionate part of your head it covered up, you you have to resotr to aggressive hand gestures haha!! I'm sure we'llm get used to these masks!! I hate them at the moment though!

That's true [mention]boro_boy[/mention]

It seems most of the store or restaurant employees are used to them. I suppose if they are wearing them 8 hours a day or so, they have to get used to it. ?

Dazzal post_id=6902 time=1598136653 user_id=340 said:
That's true @boro_boy

It seems most of the store or restaurant employees are used to them. I suppose if they are wearing them 8 hours a day or so, they have to get used to it. ?

I don't think I could ever get used them, I'd have to wear the face visor, or just lie and say I have asthma so I don't have to wear one! Well that's if I worked in a store anyway!

boro_boy post_id=6905 time=1598136974 user_id=48 said:
That's true @boro_boy

I don't think I could ever get used them, I'd have to wear the face visor, or just lie and say I have asthma so I don't have to wear one! Well that's if I worked in a store anyway!

I have been asking the employees if they are used to their masks, and all of them have said YES. It really surprised me...not unless they are trying to sound positive. :sunny [mention]boro_boy[/mention]

Dazzal post_id=6907 time=1598137218 user_id=340 said:
boro_boy post_id=6905 time=1598136974 user_id=48 said:
That's true @boro_boy

I have been asking the employees if they are used to their masks, and all of them have said YES. It really surprised me...not unless they are trying to sound positive. :sunny @boro_boy

I don't think I could get used to them. I have reusable masks and disposable maks, you know the blue and white ones. The disposable masks are better by miles!!!!

Yes, I like the disposable masks as well. They showed on TV that if you can blow out a candle or match with your mask, it's not protecting us well enough. [mention]boro_boy[/mention]

I am going to cook now. Nice talking with you. (O:

Being that I am isolating I haven't been browsing the shops. However I wouldn't mind shopping I love it mask or no mask. Wouldn't stop me at all. :)