• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

COVID-19 Vaccine

i got my letter saying i am now able to book my appointment for this starting on Monday and its because of my diabetes and being on insulin
Good luck @marti
I've got to wait until it's avaible to general public where I live to get mine but I won't be getting the AstraZeneca vaccine because they are saying anybody with heart conditions or heart related problems should take that one so I will have get one of the other ones.
Don't yous have priority groups like we do here in the UK?

Nearly at the 48 hour point now. No side effects at all so far for me with the AZ (or my mum a few weeks ago with the Pfizer), which I'm made up about (although overnight flu-ey feelings and a sore arm for a couple of days would be totally worth it for the protection). Touch wood I don't start with a chill now I've said that. :D
how are you doing now? i have heard some people who had this had a very sore arm for 4 days or so

how are you doing now? i have heard some people who had this had a very sore arm for 4 days or so

Hi, sorry only just seen this. Thank you for asking! So far 3 out of 5 of my immediate family have been vaccinated - 1 with the Pfizer, 2 with the AstraZeneca (I'm one of those 2) and we've all been so lucky to feel absolutely no side effects after a few weeks. The closest to a side effect we all had was when you move your arm slightly and you can feel *something* but it's not painful in any way - just noticeable, like a slight twinge. No headaches, fatigue, fever, blood clots, etc. We had all planned ahead with taking time off work, dosing up on paracetamol, etc, just in case - but thankfully we didn't need to.

I feel like the arm pain could maybe be related to how relaxed your arm is during the jab, and how careful the person administering it was? Not sure if that's always the case or if it depends on the person, but I relaxed mine as much as I possibly could.

EDIT: I should reiterate that this was the first dose for all 3 of us. None of us have had our second dose yet, so we might respond differently to that.

Last edited: