• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Anyone has PMDD?

I have been diagnosed with it last I've seen my psychiatrist about 2-3 months ago. It's hell for women who have it. Why? Because it makes periods, cramps, PMsing a lot worse than normal women who don't have it. I even hate ovulation and my sexual and bodily fluids. Thank goodness my periods are regular currently in life with birth control!

I believe I had PMDD, but it wasn't recognized as a disorder until after I reached menopause.

Don't know if this is true for everyone, but I still had those symptoms maybe 4 times a year for several years after I became menopausal.

As self-care and a self-love and mindfulness practices (suggested by my T), I'm learning how to embrace and accept my periods as being part of me, and not something disgusting, shameful and sullying, something I have to be ashamed of, and to hate myself for. For example, today, I'm making fresh iced soy milk and vegetarian thin crust pizza with cherry tomatoes straight from my vegetable garden.I'm also using my newly bought some time ago Ikea bed set to feel less hot at night and to sleep better. Self-care, self-acceptance and self-love are important at all times, ladies and gents on the community! I don't even feel as anxious, manic, or depressed as before with my periods being regular and on the dot. I love my birth control pills! They start and end at the same time by the clock every time. Without birth control, I think I'd have killed myself a long time ago. Feeling there's no way out of this suffering and misery, is how I've felt during my suicidal depression and self-harm period. But that's behind me now definitely and totally. And I'm might proud of that achievement currently in life!

I’m happy that you have gotten them under control and are able to accept them. You should be proud of yourself.

So after using my new birth control pills for 6-7 months, it's finally back to the 4-5 days regular cycle. I thought it'd never be back to that, which is my regular menstrual cycle with this kinda birth control pills. But my living hell and worst nightmare ever is AT LAST OVER GUYS! YAY GO ME! I'm actually having a light clear pinkish discharge today, on my 2nd day of my menstrual cycle, and quite in a good mood currently because of it myself.

Yep, it's like an extreme version of PMS, it can be quite debilitating and the symptoms quite severe, so it's not a particularly pleasant thing for women who suffer from it.
Even worse for the many men who do.

Only thing that works for us women is birth control. It has to do mainly for men personally with my Asperger's, OCD and GAD.

I had to google to find out what exactly was PMDD. Now that I know Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder, I can relate to how painful this can be as my wife has this issue. She has been experiencing PMS ever since her teen age.