• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Gender Anyone has Gender Dysphoria too personally?

I used to have it all the time when I'm having my periods or cramps, but recently, it's been not so bad. Why? Because I know males have it a lot worse with their genitalia complications. Irregular periods or weird spotting in-between, take birth control like I do and voila! But for me, it's more complicated, especially they could have a boner anywhere, anytime. Hence why, I'm counting myself lucky to be born a in a female body and not a male's. I've also wondered why so many males wanted so badly to become women. Hence why, after chatting with some gentlemen on some online communities, I understand their reasons for it much better and hate my gender a lot less too. How about you?

I had it and fully transitioned and never looked back really but it wasn’t without its issues. I hated having a boner and found it very upsetting and also the mood swings and anger / aggression from high testosterone and the face hair and deep voice all things I found upsetting. Having transitioned and lost quiet a few of those issues I’m comfy in my skin but it was easier to deal with life’s issues with testosterone and It was easier to lose weight. After surgery I gained a lot of weight and estrogen gave me even more worse mood swings.

It was the hardest thing I ever did in life was transition and I don’t know what the future holds but I finished transitioning 7 years ago and wouldn’t go back but trust me being male is over rated and I can never get rid of this face hair unless I spent a small fortune on laser removal and 12 sessions of laser removal still didn’t remove it 😑 you end up a slave to shaving. I transitioned from mtf and I’m glad I did. There are other things I would love to change about my body but I’m happy being me. I had to hide who I was for so long but I’ve got to live out my 30s as the girl I know I am and the rest of my life.

I don't have a rhythm that dictates when it comes in full effect. It is not constant either. I just know that there are times where my anxiety shoots up and when I see myself in the mirror it make me recoil. It's like watching a wax shell of yourself, that doesn't match you what you expected to see. When it gets really bad I tend to get immense urges to grab scissors and cut my hair until I feel it aligns better and I start looking more like me. I don't know if that makes sense.

I have been able to keep myself from just axing all of my hair, usually limiting the cuts to the top-front areas. Then after that passes and I feel better, I have the next month to deal with my bad haircut. XDDD