• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Who is your favourite music artist in history?

I simply added the word 'History, simply to put both dead and living music icons in contention to be picked. My favourite music icon is passed, but his solo soundtracks lives on in me. 'Michael Jackson is simply my number one in the list, I was called 'Little Michael when I was still in high school, I tried so much then, to replicate his electrifying dancing moves.

Which of the music artist is your favourite in history?

Almost impossible for me to narrow down to one favorite because I grew up loving many different genres of music.

Simon & Garfunkel would be top contenders on my list. Paul Simon's song writing is stellar and Art has the voice of an angel - just listen to Bridge Over Troubled Water and you'll see what I mean.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Almost impossible for me to narrow down to one favorite because I grew up loving many different genres of music.
Roger that, same here.

I was a huge John Denver fan in my youth, and his music and vocal performance still holds up today. Of course, the audio production and recording genius of The Beatles with George Martin producing very much influenced my take on same, starting in my young life as well. Jimi Hendrix's music still holds up and I still love it to this day also.

The song crafting genius of S&G can't be argued. But I really love this modern take on one of their mostly overlooked classics as well, by "Disturbed." The actual message of the song was lost in S&G's presentation, but Disturbed brings it forward full force in this rendition:

Simon & Garfunkel would be top contenders on my list. Paul Simon's song writing is stellar and Art has the voice of an angel - just listen to Bridge Over Troubled Water and you'll see what I mean.

I simply went through the iconic record of your life sang by your favourite 'Simon & Garfunkel. They're both Columbian musicians, that's why I couldn't get to know them more.

Also - can never forget Jerry Reed. Legendary guitar player. Probably one of the best ever, especially on the 12 string. Always loved him.

I honored him twice with digital remasters of his work. One such, I posted to youtube. His opening track for the B movie "Gator." In which, he exuded evil as the villain.

Then I took two tracks from one of his last concerts before he died, and made this: (Click link to play)

Was still rocking it hard at age 70. Once in a lifetime talent.

Also - can never forget Jerry Reed. Legendary guitar player. Probably one of the best ever, especially on the 12 string. Always loved him.

I honored him twice with digital remasters of his work. One such, I posted to youtube. His opening track for the B movie "Gator." In which, he exuded evil as the villain.

Then I took two tracks from one of his last concerts before he died, and made this: (Click link to play)

Was still rocking it hard at age 70. Once in a lifetime talent.
With the brief information you made about it, it proved to me that 'Jerry Reed Legendary Guitar is one those iconic musicians that wouldn't erase easily from the mind.

With the brief information you made about it, it proved to me that 'Jerry Reed Legendary Guitar is one those iconic musicians that wouldn't erase easily from the mind.
He doesn't erase easily. He was simply one of the best ever, recognized by Chet Adkins himself and every other great guitar man out there.

Great songsmith too, many hits generated. Elvis Presley took Reed's "Guitar Man" to number one, with of course Reed himself playing lead guitar on the recording.

Jim Morrison. I cannot simply forget about The Doors.
Another all time great and great answer.

There are literally 100s of perfectly legitimate answers to the question the thread poses.

He doesn't erase easily. He was simply one of the best ever, recognized by Chet Adkins himself and every other great guitar man out there.

Great songsmith too, many hits generated. Elvis Presley took Reed's "Guitar Man" to number one, with of course Reed himself playing lead guitar on the recording.
That's it dear, you will not forget such noble music artist in your life due to the solo song that is closer to your heart. The hit songs he made before passing away lives in the memory of those who cherished and loved his kind of music just like you.

Another all time great and great answer.

There are literally 100s of perfectly legitimate answers to the question the thread poses.
That's really true. For a lot of people, it is not even possible to give just one name are they admire multiple artists and are a fan of multiple bands.